Another step forward into the electric outboard

1 hour ago, JDP said:

just the job , BUT it will coast a lot of money. out of reach for me unless they will take shirt buttons

5 hours ago, JDP said:

Love the comments in that article, particularly the last one... "useless!" 🤣

RyGRpeF.jpg

I like the idea of electric outboards, but I do agree with the comments. The performance isn't (yet) where it needs to be to offer true competition to ICE outboards. But it's a good step forwards, and I'm sure there will be more to come as the technology improves and range/performance increases.

1 hour ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

how about plunging  to the wind turbine  or the nab tower. or Evan power boys with a slot meter   ha ha ha  😆  😂  🤣

Nah - just get a sail or some oars. Geoff.

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Well yeah you do, but by the time you get back it's time to turn round and go straight back out again!! 

I think that would appeal to most forum members, whatever their speed. Geoff.:classic_wink:

21 minutes ago, JonC said:

He can on the M27

And he can venture further afield. Geoff.:classic_wink:

I think they will be popular on busy harbours like Sydney and Brisbane, in saying that there are already plenty of electric powered boats on the harbours already. We've had one local tour operator using electric to run his river cruise boat that carries around 20 people and only uses solar and sun power. The boat has been in business for as long as I remember living here 20yrs+, I  did the pic's for his business many years ago https://wagongainletcruises.com.au

11 hours ago, JDP said:

I think they will be popular on busy harbours like Sydney and Brisbane, in saying that there are already plenty of electric powered boats on the harbours already. We've had one local tour operator using electric to run his river cruise boat that carries around 20 people and only uses solar and sun power. The boat has been in business for as long as I remember living here 20yrs+, I  did the pic's for his business many years ago https://wagongainletcruises.com.au

i do believe you get a bit more sun than what we get here, just a little

22 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

i do believe you get a bit more sun than what we get here, just a little

I've had an electric motor for about 10 yrs which runs off my boat house battery, which I recently changed to lithium. My alternator can charge it or simply hook it up to a charger at home. These electric motors are used on boats of 30ft over here rather than anchor.

12 hours ago, suzook12 said:

The numbers dont stack up, 180BHP is 134Kw, that's less than half an hour from a 60Kwh battery

Lets face it journalists don't always get all the facts spot on. The boat I own now featured in a new boat test for a leading boating and fishing magazine, having owned the boat now for about 5 months Ive found just about every part of the article to be wrong!!!!

When I first started looking into details about the Honda 90 from sources from all over the world, again figures were not matching up.