A year of pugwash....

Well done Mike. To be honest, you've been the most impressive member of the outlaws this past year. From the nerves about buying to watching your catches get better and better. Good on you. And all the best for you and your next new boat in 2022!! 

It’s been great reading your reports of fish 🙂 

Be warned, you’ll soon be looking for something bigger/faster 🤣🤣🤣🤣

In the meantime keep those reports coming 🙂 

2 hours ago, JonC said:

@mike farrantshow do your dogs like being afloat?  
 they try to rob the bait, trailing their beards in squid juice. 

I don't blame them if the alternative is Pot Noodles. Geoff.

Edited by Geoff

10 hours ago, Geoff said:

I don't blame them if the alternative is Pot Noodles. Geoff.

Instead of all the unfounded negativity why not just go and get yourself a few and try them. You may actually like them . 

12 hours ago, JonC said:

@mike farrantshow do your dogs like being afloat? My two go straight in the shed and have a Kip, but they like have a good bark at kayaks and seagulls. 
Also they try to rob the bait, trailing their beards in squid juice. 

they're not my dogs Jon - they're my mates dogs - fluffy and trevor - they behave much the same as yours by the sounds of it

Trevor the English bull terrier doesn't care for it much and sleeps almost of the day, fluffy Jack Russel - loves it - climbs all over the place, chases the mackerel, head in the bait bucket and thinks she owns the ocean - barking at other fishing boats when she hears voices. 

having said that - when trevor gets excited it can be a nighmare hes a right lump! 

14 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

So what's the requirements for the next boat? We can start looking for you! 

i've always had half an eye open - but i am torn - there's a beautiful simplicity about pugwash - and she's a joy to own and look at - people stop and chat about her a lot. 

but things i like about my mates Benetau anteres - faster, cleaner, dryer, self draining, more comfortable. 

buts its all about funds - Pugwash cost me £5k to buy, runs all day on £2 of fuel, £100 to insure - everything except the berth goes up if I upgrade and even if i wanted to I dont have the £20k - £25k for a new boat.

I could get a loan/sell the camper van or save hard for a few years - if i did id be interested in and Antares, Arvor, merry fisher, Seaward, smartliner 

I dont need to sleep aboard, but would want a half decent cabin. wheelhouse comfort is more important than sleeping arrangements - love the fact that on pugwash i can be sheltered under the wheelhouse roof but still 'outside' in the action. inboard or outboard im not bothered. the other half would like something capable of towing and inflatable ringo! (shakes head emoji)

Quicksliver pilothouse would be the ultimate i think! Nordstar if i won the lottery though!

35 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

i've always had half an eye open - but i am torn - there's a beautiful simplicity about pugwash - and she's a joy to own and look at - people stop and chat about her a lot. 

but things i like about my mates Benetau anteres - faster, cleaner, dryer, self draining, more comfortable. 

buts its all about funds - Pugwash cost me £5k to buy, runs all day on £2 of fuel, £100 to insure - everything except the berth goes up if I upgrade and even if i wanted to I dont have the £20k - £25k for a new boat.

I could get a loan/sell the camper van or save hard for a few years - if i did id be interested in and Antares, Arvor, merry fisher, Seaward, smartliner 

I dont need to sleep aboard, but would want a half decent cabin. wheelhouse comfort is more important than sleeping arrangements - love the fact that on pugwash i can be sheltered under the wheelhouse roof but still 'outside' in the action. inboard or outboard im not bothered. the other half would like something capable of towing and inflatable ringo! (shakes head emoji)

Quicksliver pilothouse would be the ultimate i think! Nordstar if i won the lottery though!

Just remortgage, spread  the cost over 20 years. Then you can buy mine off me!! 

8 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Just remortgage, spread  the cost over 20 years. Then you can buy mine off me!! 

Ignore FS and stick with Pugwash. I think that if you did a quick count up you will find that Pugwash has landed more fish than Tarlach Too this past year - work out the cast per fish and see who wins. Sorry Neil. ☺️ Geoff.

Just now, Geoff said:

Ignore FS and stick with Pugwash. I think that if you did a quick count up you will find that Pugwash has landed more fish than Tarlach Too this past year - work out the cast per fish and see who wins. Sorry Neil. ☺️ Geoff.

Nothing to be sorry about Geoff. I have a wife and child that like to go cruising in the boat at the weekends. So, my fishing is more limited now than ever before! Hence the smaller numbers. 

4 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I did however catch a shit load of mackerel this season....

1D9D4EEC-6F72-420D-9744-75E5DFB00918.png.998c5df3833a43300f3085459068381f.png

You do seem to remind me that I am living in the past - an age thing for me - what's your excuse? Geoff. :classic_wink: