Recommend an uptide rod.

I'm currently using a pair of Penn Squadron 2's they are rated upto 10oz,  they are quite a cheap rod got them to see if I'd get on with uptiding.  I've heard good things about the new kenzaki uptiders but I'm no fan of kenzaki because of their rings, seen to many liners come out and break. 

When I upgrade to a better pair of rods they'll likely be a pair of Daiwa Tournaments,  I can't source Greys ones anywhere and Century don't do them much to my annoyance

16 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

I'm currently using a pair of Penn Squadron 2's they are rated upto 10oz,  they are quite a cheap rod got them to see if I'd get on with uptiding.  I've heard good things about the new kenzaki uptiders but I'm no fan of kenzaki because of their rings, seen to many liners come out and break. 

When I upgrade to a better pair of rods they'll likely be a pair of Daiwa Tournaments,  I can't source Greys ones anywhere and Century don't do them much to my annoyance

I have a greys one, it’s a really good rod but they are scarce 

Kenzaki or Greus are nice rods. 

Im old schill. TDU410 best ever made 🙂 I’ve also got a Twin Power 4-10. 

Suverean are lovely. 10oz is quite heavy mind…. That’s a lot of lead…. 

Keep an eye out on evilbay for an Abu suveran pro 4-10. the latest Suveran i think is 5-10 but haven't used one so can't comment. The beauty of the suveran and the Greys is the retractable butt which on boats makes them easier to use imo.

1 hour ago, Dicky said:

Keep an eye out on evilbay for an Abu suveran pro 4-10. the latest Suveran i think is 5-10 but haven't used one so can't comment. The beauty of the suveran and the Greys is the retractable butt which on boats makes them easier to use imo.

The retractable butt invariably gets glued stuck with bait, keep it well lubricated. 

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

You mean the Team Diawa Amorphous Whisker TDU410 9ft6in ? 
Ive just bought one of these on eBay, I saw it and just couldn't resist. It's brand new unused too!! 👍🏻

Best uptide rod ever made….

ive a few old  Diawa  T D U  4 to 10  oz Amorphus  whisker   uptide rods   matched with  Abu 9000 C reels   or    Calcutta   700     Landed   tope to 73lbs  with  them in the  past   awesome rods   use them the last time we went fishing   Landing  cod  to 5 Lbs  and more throw  backs  than you  could  count267140638_4583800631656792_6667147977830343367_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=_7JuH_nikzwAX97pyKw&tn=OUbW2MjpNt9LOgxj&_nc_ht=scontent.flba3-1.fna&oh=00_AT-Dj7HSCnLBEo9OvRQx6SDd1jXD1uhy_WID18_HsLP3Cw&oe=61D169AE

It turned up today in brand new never been used condition. 
The original Daiwa cloth bag smells like an ashtray though, so I'd guess it's been stood in the corner of a room somewhere lost and neglected. 

AA4D3F11-0B60-4A48-91A4-1DBF31CA9FF5.jpeg.54904bbbfab023f2f650a1b9f135ac1b.jpeg

0970242A-4E92-40EF-87A8-0E02C9A19395.thumb.jpeg.806bfb00c97b68f9c3c847c7f5f17960.jpeg