Just joined

Malc

Hi, recently spotted this site when looking for answers so I lurked for a few days and now I have a moment, joined.

I fish mainly from a kayak, mostly lures, around the NE of England and latterly Fife and Angus. I am also blessed by having friends who have a rather nice boat and I get to join them for trips out from the NE and we go over to compete in the MOGSAF tope festival.

Looking forward to learning more and contributing!

Welcome on, we have a couple of other kayak anglers here already and it’s always nice to get different angles on things. 
Put some pictures up of your setup when you get a chance, and any fish you have caught lately or anything interesting really. 
Jon, 

Oh yeah - what’s your favourite pot noodle flavour? 

Hi Malc, welcome to the site.

I understand you have some good fishing ground up your way. What do you target?

As Jon says, we love a good boat pic or three, so please do tell us about your yak set up on the Show Us Yer Boat thread (https://www.offshoreoutlaws.co.uk/forum/13-show-us-yer-boat/).

You mentioned you found us while searching for answers - what was the question you had in mind? Happy to help if we can. 👍

38 minutes ago, Malc said:

You know where to stick a pot noodle 😂

Cod and Pollock mainly but that's just because I have recently moved here from central Scotland. Had a mid to small haddock on my friends boat just a mile or so off in 40-50ft which was a great surprise, plus I have been getting a few pout on the yak as well which would have been a surprise 45 years ago when I was a kid living here but are fairly common place now. 

Hope to target flats, plaice mainly but hope to get a turbo among them, and bass as well as they aren't as rare as they once were.

Just a general question about boat rigs for bait fishing as I rarely fish with the usual baits on the bottom.

Will post some pics of the rig at some point but in the meantime...

IMG-20190825-WA0002.thumb.jpg.36688fd61358e0d904d91e51b6aceeb4.jpg

Good stuff. Well done on the haddock. 👍

Pout can be a pest for us on the south coast but a decent sized one makes good eating - they are my son's favourite in batter with chips and beans.

As for rigs, my all-round rig is the simple running leger, with either a single hook for small baits or a pennell for bigger baits. I use a variation on this theme for plaice (lots of bling and small hooks) to conger and cod (pennelled big hooks with 80-100lb traces). Hope this helps 👍.

30 minutes ago, JonC said:

Not a great example from an administrator. 

Nor is getting miffed about PN comments and threatening people with lists.

We all know your sense of humour, but newbies may interpret it differently. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Nor is getting miffed about PN comments and threatening people with lists.

We all know your sense of humour, but newbies may interpret it differently. 🤷‍♂️

You’re touchy today. Does the nappy need changing? 

1 minute ago, GPSguru said:

Does he have a sense of humour ? 🤔

The guys response to my pot noodle fact finding mission was to tell me to stick it up my arse so I assume he does🤣

He has pm’d me though to say that his favourite is haggis and rumbeldethumps is now available north of the wall and he’s bang on it. 

3 hours ago, Andy135 said:

@JonC why the sad emoji?

Hi Malc, welcome on board. Andy what else would you expect from someone that loves pot noodles ans who may in fact be the best England pot noodler (he must be good at something!). Geoff.

1 hour ago, Ivan Tuna said:

I know the Fife coast quite well from my Cod hunting days, if you need some marks let me know.

I doubt I will be back up there with the kayak very much, but I do have at least 20 marks plotted and jotted down in my little black book just off Kingsbarns alone 👍

58 minutes ago, JonC said:

The guys response to my pot noodle fact finding mission was to tell me to stick it up my arse...

Ooh putting words in my mouth! I merely said; "you know where to stick a pot noodle" and after reading/lurking here for a while assumed that you would put it in your mouth, you are after all the head honcho pot noodler of this forum aren't you? 😉