Local wildlife

Andy135

1 minute ago, Herbs73 said:

This is where I got the plans and info from

https://www.barnowltrust.org.uk/barn-owl-nestbox/barn-owl-nestboxes/

The important thing is to get the height of the hole correct so they can’t get out until they are old enough. 

8 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Is this one of those "magic eye" type pictures, where you have to stare at it for 10 minutes before an image of a small deer appears ?

Nope he’s just in a Ghille suit and a rifle ready to take pot shots at Andy… can’t hide the ears though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely not the sort of wildlife I had hoped to see today - this little blighter made his way in through my office window this afternoon. He was bloody massive! 😱

9ZkKbey.jpg

7gxYO0P.jpg

And walking the dog in the wood this evening, we stumble across a rather lost cow. Must have found a gap in the fence somewhere as the farm borders the wood.

tjGL8oP.jpg

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

And walking the dog in the wood this evening, we stumble across a rather lost cow. Must have found a gap in the fence somewhere as the farm borders the wood.

tjGL8oP.jpg

Finders keepers? 

44 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

No, but maybe I should have taken it home. Would have kept me in steaks and burgers for quite some time.

In a house I used to live in, 2 sides of the property backed on to a field. A local rented the field to fatten bullocks on, but they kept getting out and into my garden. I asked him politely to sort the fences as there was ofen 10's of thousands of pounds worth of motorcycles parked there (Was in a club at the time and meetings were often at my house), anyway, the farmer got rather arsey and blamed the land owner for the state of the fences..... Needless to say, I said the next one in my garden would be in my freezer.... Came home from work next day and all the fences had been repaired!! 🤣🤣

5 hours ago, suzook12 said:

In a house I used to live in, 2 sides of the property backed on to a field. A local rented the field to fatten bullocks on, but they kept getting out and into my garden. I asked him politely to sort the fences as there was ofen 10's of thousands of pounds worth of motorcycles parked there (Was in a club at the time and meetings were often at my house), anyway, the farmer got rather arsey and blamed the land owner for the state of the fences..... Needless to say, I said the next one in my garden would be in my freezer.... Came home from work next day and all the fences had been repaired!! 🤣🤣

Should of kept quite and just put them in the freezer. These little goats got to close yesterday and will be roasted later today.

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 12.39.26 pm.png