Come on then… who’s out on a school day?

I’m going to have another bash off Clacton tomorrow, maybe a bit further out in the Wallet.There’s been quite a lot of codling showing, the most for a few years. The weather isn’t perfect but I can always beat a retreat back into the river if I keep spilling my pot noodle in the waves. 
Anyone else out? 

52 minutes ago, JonC said:

I’m going to have another bash off Clacton tomorrow, maybe a bit further out in the Wallet.There’s been quite a lot of codling showing, the most for a few years. The weather isn’t perfect but I can always beat a retreat back into the river if I keep spilling my pot noodle in the waves. 
Anyone else out? 

i must agree with the cod about this year been real good they recon its good every 4 years  thats been a long 4 years since the 80 .s lol

28 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Nice one @JDP
Any chance of a catch report in the "catch report" section??

maybe tomorrow? 👍🏻

Well it was a combination of heading out further in the week and a touch on how this evening was. Didn't see much point of doing two, trying to save on paper!!!!!!....would'nt normally bother posting for a short beach session like this evenings.

5 minutes ago, JDP said:

Well it was a combination of heading out further in the week and a touch on how this evening was. Didn't see much point of doing two, trying to save on paper!!!!!!....would'nt normally bother posting for a short beach session like this evenings.

For a growing forum (and some board fisher persons content is everything)!! 

#musttryharder

• 2 weeks later...

I'm out tomorrow morning for a few hours, wind and rain closing in from about 11/12 midday which coincides with high water (roughly)

Won't be very comfortable in a gusty southerly on the ebb of a small tide in the channel, so unless the forecast changes, we'll probly lock back in on the 12.15

My problem is where to go, haven't spoke to anyone so don't know whether to head Clevedon/Portishead or hang around Cardiff/Coral

@daio web @Odyssey what's the news on the street ?

Up channel for the cod is what I’ve heard…. Rays down the Cardiff end, but spring run of codling up top end of channel. 

I’ve not heard too many reports, but seems a few charters have had a few up there. My main worry would be size of tide and the rain water coming down 

32 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Up channel for the cod is what I’ve heard…. Rays down the Cardiff end, but spring run of codling up top end of channel. 

I’ve not heard too many reports, but seems a few charters have had a few up there. My main worry would be size of tide and the rain water coming down 

Just seen elsewhere that one private boat has one cod for 8 rods off Cardiff, but rays and conger off Barry 

54 minutes ago, JDP said:

Just been out but it looks like the swell will stop plays for a couple of days now unless I tow the boat north again. If it drops I will be out. Report to come from todays marlin catches.

Could just stay on the pontoon and have a couple of cold ones in the marina bar….

15 hours ago, Odyssey said:

What sort of size? There’s loads of small 2-4lb fish being caught here but no decent ones reported yet. 

20 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

I'm out tomorrow morning for a few hours, wind and rain closing in from about 11/12 midday which coincides with high water (roughly)

Won't be very comfortable in a gusty southerly on the ebb of a small tide in the channel, so unless the forecast changes, we'll probly lock back in on the 12.15

My problem is where to go, haven't spoke to anyone so don't know whether to head Clevedon/Portishead or hang around Cardiff/Coral

@daio web @Odyssey what's the news on the street ?

its poor up this end mr swamp probaly even worse now with this bit of flood water my mate had some nice bass  last weekend around the deeps boy change of seasons  i am pulling my boat out next thursday for a bit of work she served me well this winter all the best budd hope you get a couple  

8 hours ago, JonC said:

Could just stay on the pontoon and have a couple of cold ones in the marina bar….

Yes I could but the kids would be extremely bored with that and end up never wanting to go out in the boat. Another advantage of the trailer boat 😜 being able to explore new locations, new harbours, new fishing grounds and gain more and more boating experience from navigating different harbours and waterways. 
I can head to any marina for a meal or drink when my boat is home safe and secure.

• 3 months later...