Come on then… who’s out on a school day?

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Been a while huh??

Yep, eldest Swampette bought a house that needed a bit of work before they could move in

Thankfully, not as much as the middle Swampette

And as usual, whenever there was a decent tide and weather, I had work booked in

I'm looking to slow that down from now on though

Life's too short etc 

• 1 month later...

I’m out Tuesday for a tuna trip and probably to smalls to fill the freezer. Not a charter just looking to get a few people on board and split the fuel… 

all welcome as only 2 extras currently so 2 maybe 3 spaces left as I want to fish too! 

Edited by Odyssey

I'm out tomorrow, forecast not as good as Saturday but needs must

Me and Mrs Swamp are meeting her cousin and husband for a catch up etc on Saturday, we used to go on holiday together a lot back in the day

Will be a messy afternoon/evening I would think

If there isn't at least 1 Cod/Codling over the rails tomorrow, it will be a failure

1 minute ago, jonnyswamp said:

I managed a short solo trip about a fortnight ago and was bringing the buggers in 2 at a time, some good sized ones too

Sounds like a red letter day! Get a report up ASAP! 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Wind, wind and more pissing wind for the foreseeable

Although there does seem to be a window for Boxing day at the minute............ that would be about right

Got a party booked in our house Christmas night and it would be rude to tell them all to eff off at 9pm so I can have an early night ready for fishing 

1 hour ago, JonC said:

It does seem so desperately unfair hat when nearly everyone is off work the weather turns really bad. 

That is winter, also the weather can change in consecutive 5 day forecasts, often from terrible to flat calm or t’other way around.🙄

To get a window you have got to keep your finger on the pulse 👍

Edited by GPSguru

Well, Boxing Day isn't a school day, but I am watching a weather window, if it holds, then I will go out.

Our family day is xmas day, so Boxing Day is quiet and the Mrs has told me to grab the opportunity if the weather holds ............ maybe, but it is currently a short window of a few hours, before another storm sweeps in.

11 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Well, Boxing Day isn't a school day, but I am watching a weather window, if it holds, then I will go out.

Our family day is xmas day, so Boxing Day is quiet and the Mrs has told me to grab the opportunity if the weather holds ............ maybe, but it is currently a short window of a few hours, before another storm sweeps in.

Yeah I looked at it,  it the window is closing by the hour😩

• 2 weeks later...

If I don't feel like shite tomorrow morning, I'll be heading out on the 7am lock

If I do, I will wait until Saturday

Picked up some rag today, which will be fine for either day

There's so much flu/colds/chest infections/covid around my area again

Had to postpone our monthly meeting yesterday as 7 or 8 of us weren't feeling tip top

I only have a mild dose of something, so with the heater and radio on I should be fine on the boat for a few hours

1 hour ago, jonnyswamp said:

If I don't feel like shite tomorrow morning, I'll be heading out on the 7am lock

If I do, I will wait until Saturday

Picked up some rag today, which will be fine for either day

There's so much flu/colds/chest infections/covid around my area again

Had to postpone our monthly meeting yesterday as 7 or 8 of us weren't feeling tip top

I only have a mild dose of something, so with the heater and radio on I should be fine on the boat for a few hours

I too hope to stretch the legs of TT tomorrow provided the gods are smiling on me. 

• 2 weeks later...