Sat/Sun 1st/2nd April Poole OO Splash n Dash

suzook12

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

This is helpful - thanks. Might swing the decision in favour of the Takacat with an open transom - e.g. nothing to fill up with water.

Depends which way it drifts !

My boat generally drifts bow first but at a 30 degrees angle to beam. If the wind gets up to F4 then it drifts beam to sea.

5 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

Pool trip out.

i was taken to Pool and we booked in the hotel,then we all walked around the key. then we found the pub we met up last year.

while we were there  Jon and friend arrived. we tried  the brew , the conversation evolved around yellow balls (scooch eggs ).

then went looking for a place to eat.  We found a nice restaurant and sat down.then Suzuki and  Mikey, and the banter continued .

Neils ribs were cold , and the head waiter was apologizing, again and again. my stake was fine.

we then all went back to the hotel for a fine all round. being a bit tipsy i slept well.

Breakfast .

The plates were a bit small but some of us went for round 2.

We parked up and waited to get on the boat.

When leaving the harbor Neal made a announcement  about my birthday and presented me a new place rod and real; i was a bit lost for wards and replied thank you.

nobody blanked ,with the weather being overcast and a bit windy and cold  ,  but cheered up with some sunny intervals.

all in all i had a fantastic knight and day .which will stay with me for ever.

Thank you for making my 70th birthday very special

It was a good weekend Pete, whoever thought of it must be one clever guy. 
It’s a shame that the weather didn’t turn out so good, it kept us inshore and made the boat swing around a bit. 
The driver did his best, he paid a lot of attention to what was happening and I felt he wanted us to catch fish. 

2 hours ago, JonC said:

It was a good weekend Pete, whoever thought of it must be one clever guy. 
It’s a shame that the weather didn’t turn out so good, it kept us inshore and made the boat swing around a bit. 
The driver did his best, he paid a lot of attention to what was happening and I felt he wanted us to catch fish. 

Yeah Ryan tries hard, but on the day the fish just didn't come out to play. 

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Belated happy birthday Pete, glad to here that you and the other outlaws had a good time. Geoff.🙂

Geoff, is old age catching up or are your standards slipping? Or woz u trine to catsh us owt?? 🤣

6 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Geoff, is old age catching up or are your standards slipping? Or woz u trine to catsh us owt?? 🤣

Nah, I was talking to Pete and wanted to make him feel superior - which of course he is. Good old Pete (far younger than I). 🙂Geoff.

7 hours ago, daio web said:

nice boat

The boat is a weapon, at 40’ long it’s a very comfortable platform. At one point I think there was 16 lines out and only @Saintly Fishand @captin slows old outlaw felt the need to keep tangling each other’s lines. Though I think they would still do that if they were fishing off of the back of an aircraft carrier.

1 hour ago, JonC said:

The boat is a weapon, at 40’ long it’s a very comfortable platform. At one point I think there was 16 lines out and only @Saintly Fishand @captin slows old outlaw felt the need to keep tangling each other’s lines. Though I think they would still do that if they were fishing off of the back of an aircraft carrier.

Yes, it was a lovely tub. Very impressive fishing platform. Glad it's not me that has to keep up the marine mortgage payments though!

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Yes, it was a lovely tub. Very impressive fishing platform. Glad it's not me that has to keep up the marine mortgage payments though!

I was trying to imagine the running cost of that sort of thing, I can’t imagine it’s good. And the mortgage isn’t going to be over 20 years either 

t

59 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Ryan was saying 4.5L per nautical mile, so gallon a mile

That is not much different than I used to get out of my 200HP petrol v8 Carrera back in the eighties - those were the days my friend - Mary Hopkins? Geoff.🙂

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

t

That is not much different than I used to get out of my 200HP petrol v8 Carrera back in the eighties - those were the days my friend - Mary Hopkins? Geoff.🙂

........ And the same price for a gallon as a litre costs now.........

12 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Ryan was saying 4.5L per nautical mile, so gallon a mile

Paying for the fuel is probably the easier part of the operation, I was thinking about all the other costs that we don’t see. 

Just now, JonC said:

Paying for the fuel is probably the easier part of the operation, I was thinking about all the other costs that we don’t see. 

Oh by far, no charter boat is cheap to operate, a 12 tonne cat included