Been stitched up

jonnyswamp

13 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I would also ban the seller from ever advertising goods on the forum again, can be done without banning them totally but does take a little time to sort out

I suspect that Nick and gang are not actually system admins, but they're mods with elevated privileges that stop short of true admins. He/they may not be able to change Group settings to make the changes you're (quite sensibly) suggesting.

23 minutes ago, JonC said:

All over £75! 
If I was admin on that I would tell the seller to just give the money back it’s not worth the bad feeling. 

What a shameful situation. I feel for @jonnyswamp. After all, he's got the thin end of the wedge in all this. 😕

9 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

What a shameful situation. I feel for @jonnyswamp. After all, he's got the thin end of the wedge in all this. 😕

I doubt I'll lose any sleep 👍

I'll play up a bit more over there over the next few days and see what happens

On 11/26/2020 at 4:14 PM, jonnyswamp said:

Bought a reel off Norm B from the other site and it turned up today

He described it as VGC

2020-11-26_04-03-31

2020-11-26_04-03-45

It wasn't, I am awaiting his reply

TBH, I would not have sold that Tat ........... I would have binned it ..............

The Torium is well known for its corrosion properties ! ...................but it was a strong reel in its day ..............

So pleased you got your money back Johny.

Maybe a bit of Peer pressure on the other site helped after all.  Maybe admins gave Norm an exit out, pay up and we'll remove the post type thing.  Fair play to them if they did and fair play to the members over there that posted their disdain  

It seems that the main mod had a word, don't know what happened to the seller, but the thread was deleted etc

I will post the reel back if I am paid postage or the seller sends a courier to pick it up, I won't be out of pocket

Oh and Andy, modman sent this message

Oh and by the way, please tell Andy that I am actually the administrator for the site and can change anything and everything.
Create forums and everything.
I thought his post was amusing, and shows just how little he actually knows.

1 hour ago, jonnyswamp said:

It seems that the main mod had a word, don't know what happened to the seller, but the thread was deleted etc

I will post the reel back if I am paid postage or the seller sends a courier to pick it up, I won't be out of pocket

Oh and Andy, modman sent this message

Oh and by the way, please tell Andy that I am actually the administrator for the site and can change anything and everything.
Create forums and everything.
I thought his post was amusing, and shows just how little he actually knows.

That is really good news that you were backed by the mod team over there.  Also good news that their team has a known admin rather than a faceless remote person administering diktat from afar, far better done locally, maybe.

Also shows for whatever reason they have spies or are incognito on here

Good news regards the reel, for whatever reason it got resolved, it was, which is the main thing.

Maybe that I commented on it over there he has drawn the link, or maybe he does have "spies" here, who cares...... They had what we have here and blew it, simple as......

2 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

The seller wants me to pay postage 😄 I explained that I wasn't prepared to and that I would give it to a courier if he arranges it, or he can pay postage

What a tosser of a bloke

That does feel a bit cheeky! In effect he wants to charge you for mis-selling you an item. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

The seller wants me to pay postage 😄 I explained that I wasn't prepared to and that I would give it to a courier if he arranges it, or he can pay postage

What a tosser of a bloke

You're holding all the cards now, you have the cash and the reel, you can dictate how its going to work to him now, don't forget to get any payments sent as gift or bank transfer, don't want him claiming it back, and make sure you get either a receipt from arranged courier, or send it tracked so you can prove he got it....