Been stitched up

jonnyswamp

Pair of tuncs

He's now saying it's VGC for it's age and that sort of damage should be expected

Am I being unreasonable ?

2020-11-26_04-03-45

Here's the ad in full

"TORIUM 16 VGC. Heavy shore, just fit a mag, or medium boat. Filled with braid with a nylon leader

£75 ONO +P+P"

He's from your neck of the woods isn't he

I wouldn't expect that level of corrosion on an 8 year old reel. I have a pair of Mitchell 602's from the eighties that are in way better condition than that Torium, so I can only imagine what sort of hard life it must have led.

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

That'll polish out fine...

That reminds me of a scrape that Joyce  had a few years ago with my first Rover coupe a few years ago. Joyce told me that a chap in the supermarket car park told her not to worry about it with the comment "it will polish out". The scratches went all down the full length of the car, and the insurance company wanted to write it off!!! Geoff.

This is a 15 year old reel in what I would say is reasonable condition. I clean it every 10 years, never take them off the rods and just leave them laying on top of each other. 
it still looks far better condition than the one you have. 

D9B0EBD0-CFC5-4A9A-A1CB-7DD668FA18C3.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Just tell him you want your money back. And if he doesn’t agree put a thread up with these pictures warning others of what he sell and his morals 

He has god like status unfortunately, he worked on some fishing periodical. Has he mentioned it? 

1 hour ago, JonC said:

He has god like status unfortunately, he worked on some fishing periodical. Has he mentioned it? 

No he hasn't

I will put a post up with a poll attached and ask them to describe the condition, then explain why 😇

I shouldn't really be bothered, but I will

5 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

No he hasn't

I will put a post up with a poll attached and ask them to describe the condition, then explain why 😇

I shouldn't really be bothered, but I will

And so you should. Terrible that he thinks it’s acceptable. 
Name and shame the twat

31 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

And so you should. Terrible that he thinks it’s acceptable. 
Name and shame the twat

I put a post up with pics, but no poll

I'm just gathering an audience atm and a fair few of the usual suspects have replied, I'm waiting for a mod to get interested

This shit stirring is well worth 75 quid, it's quite enjoyable 

No one has asked a name yet

His full name is Norman Berry he used to be the owner/editor/producer of a free sea fishing rag called "Sea Angling News" distributed through tackle shops.

He is also apparently a freelance reviewer of fishing tackle,  I think he needs to purchase some glasses (should have gone to specsavers)

Go nail him or his reputation

2 minutes ago, Maverick said:

His full name is Norman Berry he used to be the owner/editor/producer of a free sea fishing rag called "Sea Angling News" distributed through tackle shops.

He is also apparently a freelance reviewer of fishing tackle,  I think he needs to purchase some glasses (should have gone to specsavers)

I just showed this to my mrs, she is an eBay expert and laughed at the description 

9 minutes ago, Maverick said:

He prefixes every post with ‘when I worked at sea angling news...’

11 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I see you've replied on there, cheers 👍

I'm trying to get a bigger audience and then I'll name him

He's sold loads of tackle on there all given for review no doubt