Recreational angling NOW permitted under Lockdown 3

Andy135

TBH, I think that is probably fair given the acceleration of the virus

Jan usually gives some good fishing, especially on the wrecks, but Feb and March (more so March) start to fall flat as the winter species move on and the summer species have not yet arrived in numbers  ..............

52 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Yeah, I was planning on going out tomorrow, but at least I stay in the warm now 🙄 ............. I am thinking March before we get out again.

I was reading an article on BBC News this afternoon where they reckon it will be March at the earliest before restrictions are lifted as this is the earliest date that full immunity would be established for the last of the at risk groups who receive the jab between now and then.

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

I was reading an article on BBC News this afternoon where they reckon it will be March at the earliest before restrictions are lifted as this is the earliest date that full immunity would be established for the last of the at risk groups who receive the jab between now and then.

TBF, early March is usually very hard going for fishing, so mid March will be fine by me 👍

Plenty to do, I am building a 60sqm raised composite decking all around the conservatory and also I need to fit an electric winch on the boat trailer.

Edited by GPSguru

Personally I think it’s crazy. 

Boris has asked people to stay home. COVID kills. A well known and respected fisherman in South Wales died 2 days after contracting COVOID19. He had no underlying health issues. 

Stay at home for a few weeks. Give fishing a good name. Save your own life if not one of your mates 

3 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Andy's link didn't work when I tried it so....

https://anglingtrust.net/covid-19/

Or alternatively, YES, we can fish, boats as well 🤣

Yes, their server isn't responding now it seems. Too many people clicking the link maybe.

10 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Personally I think it’s crazy. 

Boris has asked people to stay home. COVID kills. A well known and respected fisherman in South Wales died 2 days after contracting COVOID19. He had no underlying health issues. 

Stay at home for a few weeks. Give fishing a good name. Save your own life if not one of your mates 

I can go fishing without coming in to contact with anyone else, is that being unreasonable? I don't even have to touch anything that other people need to touch

• Andy135 changed the title to Recreational angling NOW permitted under Lockdown 3

However, my interpretation of the above is that I'm not able to get out given that I'm not "local" to my boat... even though I would come into contact with no-one on the journey from home to the boat and that the only difference between my situation and someone who's local would be the duration of the car journey, I don't fancy my chances persuading a police officer.

16 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Steve, you're now officially allowed to go fishing. New announcement below. https://anglingtrust.net/covid-19/

D0Zq0yW.jpg

Yeah, I know.... Scroll back lol, I was replying to Odyssey's post, or is Oddy a Steve as well? Crap with names, never forget a bike tho......

Ok so you let people go fishing, then 5 miles becomes 10 becomes 50....

Now people want to go shooting

Oh wait, I fancy a round of golf, I can go out too...

So it goes on.... people now others out and about, let’s jump on the bandwagon. Lockdown becomes too difficult to enforce.... COVID spreads. 

Sorey to be a grump but all people have to do it sit tight for 6 weeks. Or maybe you should pop and have a chat with an intensive care nurse...

Where do you draw the line? If we all keep chipping away at lockdown May as well not bother 

2 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Ok so you let people go fishing, then 5 miles becomes 10 becomes 50....

Now people want to go shooting

Oh wait, I fancy a round of golf, I can go out too...

So it goes on.... people now others out and about, let’s jump on the bandwagon. Lockdown becomes too difficult to enforce.... COVID spreads. 

Sorey to be a grump but all people have to do it sit tight for 6 weeks. Or maybe you should pop and have a chat with an intensive care nurse...

Where do you draw the line? If we all keep chipping away at lockdown May as well not bother 

All fair and valid points.

3 minutes ago, JonC said:

Sour grapes. Jealous we’re gonna catch all the dogfish 🤣

Nope, just have friends who have ended up in hospital in a critical condition with this. Also know others who have died. 

No fish is worth a life, just wish people wouldn’t be so stupid 

33 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

people wouldn’t be so stupid 

Luke your starting to sound like another member we used to have. If you leave home and go straight to the beach or boat without meeting anybody, where’s the harm? How about all those joggers who run past all the walkers and cough or shoot snot out there noses? 
that’s a far bigger risk IMO. 
Good job I’m a light weight and it’s too cold to sit on a beach at the moment. And good job the boats out the water. 

3 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Like your starting to sound like another member we used to have. If you leave home and go straight to the beach or boat without meeting anybody, where’s the harm? How about all those joggers who run past all the walkers and cough or shoot snot out there noses? 
that’s a far bigger risk IMO. 
Good job I’m a light weight and it’s too cold to sit on a beach at the moment. And good job the boats out the water. 

D46F6094-AF8D-4AE7-A38D-7CA7A03C73EE.thumb.png.75d2c77bec47b8f7f9338f8dd5beacbb.pngMy house is here, the river is just there. I walk the dogs every day there . What difference does it make?