Recreational angling NOW permitted under Lockdown 3

Andy135

7 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Like your starting to sound like another member we used to have. If you leave home and go straight to the beach or boat without meeting anybody, where’s the harm? How about all those joggers who run past all the walkers and cough or shoot snot out there noses? 
that’s a far bigger risk IMO. 
Good job I’m a light weight and it’s too cold to sit on a beach at the moment. And good job the boats out the water. 

1 minute ago, JonC said:

D46F6094-AF8D-4AE7-A38D-7CA7A03C73EE.thumb.png.75d2c77bec47b8f7f9338f8dd5beacbb.pngMy house is here, the river is just there. I walk the dogs every day there . What difference does it make? 

I think Luke's point is that if you locals are let out to fish, then where do we draw the line? When they see you lot fishing, folks who live 10 miles away will also want to go (and there's no real justification to stop them), and then those who are 15 miles away want to go, and those who live 40+ miles away etc etc.

Better that we all suck it up now with no exceptions or exemptions and keep people safe. Hard to argue against this way of thinking in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

The words of a true land locked fisherman. 

Well, yes there may be a hint of envy in my posts, but the fact is that the more we all stay at home the safer everyone will be. We don't have to like it to know it makes sense.

11 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Absolutely, and as fishing be it boat or beach is allowed then we English are abiding by the law. Provided we don’t live in Berkshire. 

Yes, I think I am OK, as we are a childcare support bubble with my daughter who is a nurse, and she live less than half a mile from the slip 👍

However, there are not many slipways in Berkshire 🤣 @Andy135

9 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

what is a few more weeks in lockdown, can do a bit of woork on the boat weather permiting isint that right geff

But a lot of us are out nd about working anyway so what’s the difference? 

1 minute ago, JonC said:

I guess its about limiting the potential for exposure and spreading. Note I use the word "potential". The thinking is that as you're already out working, you shouldn't then be out for recreation as it's yet another opportunity to spread the virus unknowingly.

1 minute ago, JonC said:

very true, i can stay in lockdown so i do. i belive  that a real lookdown would be no one but assental servis would be allowed out put the army out on the streets with guns. a state of emergency decleard. but who whants to be there

3 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

very true, i can stay in lockdown so i do. i belive  that a real lookdown would be no one but assental servis would be allowed out put the army out on the streets with guns. a state of emergency decleard. but who whants to be there

Not workable, who’s going to support the country’s infrastructure? What would we eat ? Wh would key workers do with their kids?

52 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

what is a few more weeks in lockdown, can do a bit of woork on the boat weather permiting isint that right geff

Yes, but - no, but Pete. Too cold at the moment. Geoff.

My point has already been proven....

As soon as news is announced, someone has driven from Exeter to Minehead to go fishing.... 

How that is local is beyond me.... 

2 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

As soon as news is announced, someone has driven from Exeter to Minehead to go fishing.... 

so true , there are ideats out there , i belive it is a case of im all right jack , stuff you.

30 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

1.5hr drive 🙄, so defo not local ........ Exeter also has the lowest infection rate per 100k in the country, where I live (Teignbridge) we are the 7th lowest.

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

@Andy135 , you’ll be ok then, you can do it in under an hour!!

Under an hour? I wish. I can make it from mine to Mercury in just over an hour, but to Gosport/Langstone is around 80-90 mins.

But it's all moot for me until the end of lockdown. 😪

7 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Under an hour? I wish. I can make it from mine to Mercury in just over an hour, but to Gosport/Langstone is around 80-90 mins.

But it's all moot for me until the end of lockdown. 😪

On a more serious note, if the Boris vac plan comes together and folk adhere to the current restrictions, the the virus will squashed from two sides so I can see the ‘’R’ falling quicker than you might expect, so it might be that restrictions are eased a bit by the middle of Feb ....... fingers crossed.

Just now, GPSguru said:

On a more serious note, if the Boris vac plan comes together and folk adhere to the current restrictions, the the virus will squashed from two sides so I can see the ‘’R’ falling quicker than you might expect, so it might be that restrictions are eased a bit by the middle of Feb ....... fingers crossed.

And I've just seen that they've discovered that two existing drugs are also effective at mitigating the inflammation associated with severe Covid cases, and is estimated to save an extra life for every 12 cases. This should help shorten the average stay in ICU and therefore ease some of the pressure on the NHS too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55574662

58 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Exactly..... so hopefully it’s back to normal soon 🙂 (Normal being able to get gym and boat, not worried about seeing people 🤣🤣🤣)

Edited by Odyssey