2021 boat meet attendance list.

8 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Please list your details here.

I’ll hopefully be up for it depending on dates. 
submit pictures of your boats, menu and wine list ASAP to avoid disappointment. 

2 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

You’ll need a mooring Martin? And would you come Friday night and leave Sunday afternoon ?

Yes will need a mooring, are you in an mdl marina? we can get a berth for free with them.  Really not sure on date of arrival/departure yet but my life is quite fluid so can accommodate most timings my only hindrance is my lad and his work :classic_rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Maverick said:

Yes will need a mooring, are you in an mdl marina? we can get a berth for free with them.  Really not sure on date of arrival/departure yet but my life is quite fluid so can accommodate most timings my only hindrance is my lad and his work :classic_rolleyes:

Yea MDL Mercury yacht harbour. So freedom berthing not a problem.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Ive communicated with MDL Mercury yacht harbour about our plans for the first weekend in July. Here is the response from Simon the marina manager. 

Hi Neil

Thank you for your email and your request to host a fishing meet at Mercury Yacht Harbour.

We are happy to accommodate your boats for the two nights and you will have use of the slipway available. We do charge a nominal fee for use of the slipway and we will be able to provide you with overnight berthing rates if you let us have the list of boats and their LOA. Unfortunately, we can’t allow trailers to be stored in the main car park but we do have a dedicated lockable trailer park which we will happily provide for storage of the trailers whilst the boats are at the marina. The cars would have to be parked in the main marina parking area.

We do not allow barbeque type private functions at the marina and we will not be able to accommodate this request. I can put you in touch with the owners of the Gaff Rigger Restaurant and they may be able to arrange some type of function for you within their premises, let me know and I will send you contact details.

Kind Regards

Simon Cothill

So, we really could do with some commitment from all those who would like this event to go ahead. I will need confirmed numbers for berthing boats, and for trailered boats. LOA will be needed along with boat names and how many nights. Please bear in mind that the fishing will start early Ish Saturday morning so a Friday night arrival is recommended. 
Trailered boats will be allowed to stay on their trailers over night in the compound (I guess that’s where the owners will sleep)? There is a camp site right next door to the marina should anybody prefer to camp out. 
We are unable to have our own bbq, however there is a restaurant on site and I may be able to negotiate a set price menu for the Saturday evening, but again for this I need numbers. Or the other option is a water taxi into Hamble village for a pub crawl! 
I reckon we will have a good blow out, and after the year we’ve all had......... 

why the fuck not ??? 
All the new members please consider joining us, even if it’s just as crew. Will be good to see you all! 

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

@Cuda4

@DINOBOY

@Terry Smith

@mike farrants

@Ivan Tuna

@Jed Stone

It'll be a well deserved chance to do some fishing with like-minded anglers after the rubbish last 12 months we've all had in and out of lockdown. I know that some of the members I've tagged live a fair way from the Solent - crew spaces and tent spaces are available, or come just for the day if you're unable to stay over.

5 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I can't find the other thread for the date, could they be merged so all info is in the same place please

Martin the thread is pinned two under this one. But the date will be weekend of 2nd,3rd,4th July. 

4 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

I'm sure I'll be able to do some of the meet.  Likely leave my boat at Gosport and sail out and meet for the fishing and meet for the BBQ or meal. I'd be pretty useless on a pub crawl as I'm virtually tee total 😁

Good stuff Scott. 👍

Likely to be an early-ish start on Sat then back to Hamble for the meal.

29 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

I'm sure I'll be able to do some of the meet.  Likely leave my boat at Gosport and sail out and meet for the fishing and meet for the BBQ or meal. I'd be pretty useless on a pub crawl as I'm virtually tee total 😁

Hey Scott, good on yer mate. You can be security for the pub. Stops the lines of @suzook12 getting into trouble. 
like Andy says, it may be an early start Saturday, so if you want atleast one night at the Mercury marina, I will need to know soon as so I can get the spaces reserved. 

30 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Hey Scott, good on yer mate. You can be security for the pub. Stops the lines of @suzook12 getting into trouble. 
like Andy says, it may be an early start Saturday, so if you want atleast one night at the Mercury marina, I will need to know soon as so I can get the spaces reserved. 

What sort of time are you calling early? 

50 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

@Scotch_Egg2012 if you meet on the water will you come back to Hamble and berth for the Saturday night ? If yes then can I have your boat name and loa? 

I think my plan will be sail back to Gosport,  I live in Stubbington so no problem forme to go home, shower and then come out for the evening