Leaving U.K. Waters - Yellow Quarantine Flag

Ivan Tuna

I was surprised to hear we are still getting UK and USA people flying into this country. One of our last outbreaks was from USA flight hosts out on Sydney shopping sprees around the city and I believe the cases in quarantine in the Northern Territory are Poms who couldn't wait for a holiday. European backpackers are constantly popping up in the news for total disregard to regulations here, which in my opinion should be reason to remover their visas and pack them on a plain back home. I think if you are going to send us the UK strain we should send you an Oz strain which includes a tiny bit of venom from all our friendly critters.

8 hours ago, JDP said:

European backpackers are constantly popping up in the news for total disregard to regulations here, which in my opinion should be reason to remover their visas and pack them on a plain back home.

Absolutley!!! Why the f**k our borders are still open remains a mystery.......

7 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Absolutley!!! Why the f**k our borders are still open remains a mystery.......

Agree with this Steve. Nobody in nobody out should be the way. Except for food and materials import and export.

Oh and some dingy people of course.

15 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Agree with this Steve. Nobody in nobody out should be the way. Except for food and materials import and export.

Oh and some dingy people of course.

Seeing as most of our european imports are road freight, they could go back to sending trailers over and hauliers this side distribute and vice versa for exports. No need to let anybody on our off the container ships except the pilot.....

20 minutes ago, Ivan Tuna said:

I noticed on the MDL marinas website new guidance on leaving/entering 12mile limit and filling in form C1331 - not quite sure I understand it correctly

You mean this? https://www.mdlmarinas.co.uk/news/advice-on-uk-eu-entry-exit-formalities-85/

What a ballache having to fill out C1131 for Channel Islands trips. I see that it was first published in 2014 so presumably this is something that has been in force for some time, not just due to Brexit?

Crossing over to the channel islands you have always had to fill in a form with a list of all crew etc etc to hand to the harbour master.  You were always supposed to report to the customs on this side also but not many bothered, maybe now we will have to bother.  Apparently its not to arduous so just as well get used to doing it or chance picking up a fine

10 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Crossing over to the channel islands you have always had to fill in a form with a list of all crew etc etc to hand to the harbour master.  You were always supposed to report to the customs on this side also but not many bothered, maybe now we will have to bother.  Apparently its not to arduous so just as well get used to doing it or chance picking up a fine

Whats the fine?

ain't got a clue however they can't seem to catch all the invaders so what chance is there of them catching us? however, I will be filling the forms and making the phone calls just is case chasing money is easier than chasing rubber dinghy's 

1 minute ago, Maverick said:

ain't got a clue however they can't seem to catch all the invaders so what chance is there of them catching us? however, I will be filling the forms and making the phone calls just is case chasing money is easier than chasing rubber dinghy's 

It will be a case the latter. Like car drivers are an easy target, all registered easy to trace no leg work involved. 

Copied from PBSBAC.

Some very welcome good news:

So my question was:

If (when) I go fishing mid channel (it is beyond 12 miles) leaving from Lymington and returning to Lymington (a day trip) without entering any other ports what of the requirement applies.

the reply is:

Hi Steve,

Well your query made it up several tiers in the Home Office and the response Border Force got back was No Further Action. By that I am assuming the stipulated conditions do not apply to the scenario you presented.

Regards,

Ryan

Ryan Willegers

Harbour Master & Chief Executive

Which means: leave port, fish beyond 12 miles, return. no paperwork or Q flag flying required.