More boat woes

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Thanks Scott, I must admit I was bricking it just a bit! 

I know your pain well,  I had some Hull damage occur when I was in Town Quay marina.  Luckily it could only have occurred a couple of days before I had the boat lifted. Once I had cleaned it all up it was a waiting game to see if she had taken any more water into the layup,  the period after we had the heaters on it and then letting it sit to monitor it were the worst. 

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

That’s a nice scrape

Yeah unbeknown to me and the marina to be fair was a flat rock under my mooring,  it only came in contact with it on the spring equinox tides. Which were 2-3 days before she was lifted.  As I repaired it myself they paid all materials and forfeited the years mooring fee

2 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

Yeah unbeknown to me and the marina to be fair was a flat rock under my mooring,  it only came in contact with it on the spring equinox tides. Which were 2-3 days before she was lifted.  As I repaired it myself they paid all materials and forfeited the years mooring fee

Wow what a bonus. 

3 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

Apologies for hijacking your thread

No problem, we get used to it here. Ignore Jon.
When I had my MF755 I found a gouge about 3” long and half inch deep on the bow about half a foot under the anti foul water line. It’s was fresh as no growth on it. This was discovered when she was lifted for winter. I’m convinced (due to the freshness) that the yard boys did it whilst lifting her out. I reckon they hit the concrete wall as she came forward in the crane. It’s was of course denied. Still was a quick fix and no real harm done. But was a shocker when I saw it. 

6 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

Bradwell marina dredge every year, it’s quite an operation, they move every boat, fully dismantle the pontoon then dig out with an excavator, dump the spoil on a barge which then gets pumped out into the river. 
It must cost a lot, can see where the fees go. 

9 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Good news Neil. But where does he reckon all the water weeped from if it's not coming out of the laminate?

Dunno, good question I’ll ask him, I assume from between the laminate and the tunnel wall?? 

15 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Good news Neil. But where does he reckon all the water weeped from if it's not coming out of the laminate?

The water was stored in the crack between the epoxy filler and the laminate, it hadn't adheard creating a void.
Yes there is a small amount of moisture but looking at the laminate I can see there is no wicking, resin desaturation or signs of a chemical reaction. Therefore there is no need for any radical treatments.

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

The water was stored in the crack between the epoxy filler and the laminate, it hadn't adheard creating a void.
Yes there is a small amount of moisture but looking at the laminate I can see there is no wicking, resin desaturation or signs of a chemical reaction. Therefore there is no need for any radical treatments.

Did you just copy & paste that from his email?? Sounds far too technical for you 😜

2 minutes ago, JonC said:

I’m not sure of the starting 11 though, we have a few out with Covid. 
Joe Root said on Monday that Moeen Ali could well be available for the second test. 

Anyone know where the Ignore button is?