Australia anyone?

Pecheur Anglais

G'day. Today is Australia Day. Have a good one if there are any Australian Members!

Out of fishing interest, have any outlaws fished out there and have a fishy story or two to share?

Just wondering what misdemeanour I would have to commit these days to get deported to Australia? 

4 minutes ago, Pecheur Anglais said:

G'day. Today is Australia Day. Have a good one if there are any Australian Members!

Out of fishing interest, have any outlaws fished out there and have a fishy story or two to share?

Just wondering what misdemeanour I would have to commit these days to get deported to Australia? 

Opening your post with Gday is pretty close to It reckon! 
never been, would love to though. 
@JonC has a man crush on an expat who frequents our forum. @JDP is the one you want to ask for fishing tales from Oz. 

57 minutes ago, JonC said:

Fishing sounds ok but the locals sound tedious. I’d love to go watch an Ashes tour though. 

I think that even watching a stone dead local would be far more interesting than watching any form cricket, although I suspect that Pete could probably think up an interesting game if it included scantily clad dooly birds! Geoff.☺️

Edited by Geoff

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

You're not gonna take that lying down are you @JDP?? 🤣

He must be talking about the locals, not us Poms out here!!!!!......as for cricket, never watched a minute of it. It was a warm 40'c which was spent at a local pub beer garden listening to my youngest sing.

As for fishing out here, yes it can be fantastic but to rock up and start fishing and expect great catches is very unlikely. Unlike any of the fishing I did in the UK, here you really have to know your species and their habits, its a vast coast so local knowledge is vital.