Peeler crab

1 hour ago, DINOBOY said:

give these guys a call I use them wintertime for my shore cod fishing crab baits, nice large quality crab..

Euro Angling Ltd1 Tor Hill HouseUnion StreetTorquayTQ2 5QWUK

Phone: 01803 203204

sales@euroangling.co.uk

Nice one thanks very much 👍🏻

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2021 at 12:09 PM, Saintly Fish said:

Nice one thanks very much 👍🏻

Finally managed to order 50 live crab from these guys. Hopefully will be here by Wednesday. 
Unfortunately they will probably go straight into the freezer as the weekend isn’t looking favourable atm !  

Just now, JonC said:

Are you expecting them to be perfect peelers? I mean the shell just coming off by itself? 

No it never is that way. I will bring on any that need it and freeze down those that don’t. I went peeler hunting last Friday and found 5 20p sized ones and that was it. Yes £75 is not cheap but it is including the 24hr delivery. I don’t have the time or the prolific area to hunt them round here. 

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Finally managed to order 50 live crab from these guys. Hopefully will be here by Wednesday. 
Unfortunately they will probably go straight into the freezer as the weekend isn’t looking favourable atm !  

Why not just get frozen peeler from Andy's baits (Baits R Us) ?

7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Why not just get frozen peeler from Andy's baits (Baits R Us) ?

Because I like to know they were alive when frozen. That way at least I know they are in tip top condition. I’ve had frozen crabs before and they were black and nasty once defrosted. Ones you freeze yourself are a better bait. 

I used to buy 12 peeler per year...

id use half a dozen on first two hound sessions per year (half a good crab with a bit of squid used to work fine) 

Now it’s squid all the way.... 

My best bound came on a sardine. 23.5lb. I thought it was a tope.... but def a hound. Squid works just as well up here