Sea Champion 18

Dicky

5 minutes ago, Dicky said:

Four Buoys with a 75 Optimax on the back  

3D4A4D91-BCF8-4D50-A655-285EF652120C.jpeg

Welcome Dicky. Glad you made it over ! 
make yourself at home and get to know the locals. Nobody bites but a couple lick windows ! 
Stick up an intro if you like , let us know about yourself and your fishing etc. 

9 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Welcome Dicky. Glad you made it over ! 
make yourself at home and get to know the locals. Nobody bites but a couple lick windows ! 
Stick up an intro if you like , let us know about yourself and your fishing etc. 

Already done the intro lol

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

I know the pirate boats are sturdy and well built, but aside from an extra 3ft, what does the change bring you? 

My friend ( ok someone I know) has recently bought one, very well made but noticeably narrow, I know they are said to be very good in heavy seas but not sure how much they roll. 

I looked at one but couldn’t afford one at the time so went with an Orkney Pilothouse 20. 

Pirate are a heavy lay up but as observed, narrow so good at punching through a swell. 

if on the drift, best to drift bow on not beam on as they will roll a bit (thinking about sharking here) but stable at anchor due to the deep V