Down time

jonnyswamp

Had a small op on my finger last Monday and it's gone a bit Pete Tong

Had I known the skin graft was going to be as big, I would've had it cut off first as last

2021-07-22_07-04-30

Here's where he harvested the new skin from

2021-07-22_07-04-44

As you can see, the proper surgeon drew on my arm, so that the YTS boy didn't fuck up the wrong finger

A few more weeks before I can use a rod in anger

It's called dupytrens (sp) disease, basically the tendons in certain fingers tighten/knot up causing the finger to close

I had that finger done about 5 yrs ago and should have had this op last year, waited the extra year and that's the result

Have had my thumb and 2 fingers on my right hand done 3 yrs ago and the finger needs to be done again

Will be ok if caught in time

The tip has died (no blood flow) and will have to be cut off

I may well tell him to cut it off down to the first joint, depends what he says Tuesday regarding recovery time for the graft

If I can't lift or put any sort of pressure on it for a few months, I'd rather have it gone ASAP

At least then, I can get back to work/normality a bit sooner

On 7/31/2021 at 12:30 AM, Andy135 said:

@jonnyswamp, any update? How are you doing? Hope your finger is improving 🤞🤞

The tip is dead, so that has to come off

I'll probably have it all taken off as it isn't much use at the moment, will know Tuesday after seeing the butcher/surgeon 

10 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

The tip is dead, so that has to come off

I'll probably have it all taken off as it isn't much use at the moment, will know Tuesday after seeing the butcher/surgeon 

That’s a tough one. Not a nice though but I guess if you have some of it left then it will be prone to being injured in future. 

I think you have the right of it. A girl I know got her middle finger smashed by a motorcycle chain snapped, flew up and wrapped round the grab rail..... After 4 years of agony with surgeons trying to save it, they finally listened and removed it. She has been pain free ever since.... Hope yours goes as well as hers fella

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

Unlucky mate. But at least once it’s gone you can still go fishing. Who needs a little finger anyways, they are highly over rated !! 

Actually…….. it won’t hinder your cider drinking will it?? If so, there are always straws! 💪🏻

On a plus note I've bought a new outfit, a Sakura 10ft spinning rod coupled with a Penn spinfisher 4500

I should be able to use this as it's left hand wind, opposed to all my multis that are right

Have a Bream trip out of Weymouth on Aug 12th that I am booked on 🤞

Just now, jonnyswamp said:

On a plus note I've bought a new outfit, a Sakura 10ft spinning rod coupled with a Penn spinfisher 4500

I should be able to use this as it's left hand wind, opposed to all my multis that are right

Have a Bream trip out of Weymouth on Aug 12th that I am booked on 🤞

I believe Weymouth harbour authority insist that all anglers have ALL digits! 
Ask @mike farrants he can confirm.