Fantasy football.....

mike farrants

yep fairplay @Andy135 - pulling away now! ive had 2 terrible weeks - but most of the points i've lost have been due to covid cancellations - which will still be played - call it games in hand if you will...... 

could be an exiting 2nd half to the season!

2 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

yep fairplay @Andy135 - pulling away now! ive had 2 terrible weeks - but most of the points i've lost have been due to covid cancellations - which will still be played - call it games in hand if you will...... 

could be an exiting 2nd half to the season!

Those cancellations mixed things right up. But where there's uncertainty there's also opportunity. Who knows, perhaps @JonC will capitalise on it and make some ground up?

1 minute ago, Andy135 said:

Those cancellations mixed things right up. But where there's uncertainty there's also opportunity. Who knows, perhaps @JonC will capitalise on it and make some ground up?

He's too busy wringing out his soggy ski suit! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 8:39 AM, Andy135 said:

Expecting a big score from you this game week @mike farrants

haha well so was I until the spurs/Arsenal game got canned.....

i used my free hit to change my entire team to "double game week players" - knowing it was a risk as so many games are being cancelled - should still have a strong week but may have used it too soon - there's another round of double game weeks later in the season 

I just wish i'd captained fernandez now......

9 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

haha well so was I until the spurs/Arsenal game got canned.....

i used my free hit to change my entire team to "double game week players" - knowing it was a risk as so many games are being cancelled - should still have a strong week but may have used it too soon - there's another round of double game weeks later in the season 

I just wish i'd captained fernandez now......

Agreed - feels like the fixtures are too uncertain still to bank on. Still, you should do well nonetheless.

As for picking the right captain, I try not to think about all the times I captained the wrong player. Doh! 😬

not the points that i hoped for - considering i used my wildcard to get a full squad of double game weekers i should have been on 100+ = however a Spurs and a watford game got cancelled reducing them to 1 game and i had 4 players (across the 2), plus Ronaldo didnt play for one of his.

but that's the risk of playing your wildcard - had I not - i'd have to of invested 4 points as i have a few out on international duty, and wouldnt have had many on a double game week. 

but yeah some good points for others and you all still have your wildcard to play!

roll on this week - teams in by tomorrow!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

Yeah cracking week! Salah got me more points on his own than my top week this season! Plus I got lucky with others! 🤙🏻 
had 12 points on the bench though… so could have been even higher! 

Football 🙄 , a bunch of overpaid diva’s kicking a bag of wind around and trying not to ruin their gay hair style.

On the other hand, Rugby is a proper mans game.

3 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Football 🙄 , a bunch of overpaid diva’s kicking a bag of wind around and trying not to ruin their gay hair style.

Agreed! But each to their own! England wales this weekend! Cannot wait! 

1 hour ago, GPSguru said:

Yeah, coz there's nothin gay about sticking your head between 2 mens legs is there?? A sport predominantly played at such establishments that bar women and gave the world "faggots"!! hmmmmmm

2 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Yeah, coz there's nothin gay about sticking your head between 2 mens legs is there?? A sport predominantly played at such establishments that bar women and gave the world "faggots"!! hmmmmmm

Yeah, but at least that don't run around kissing each other every time they score !

12 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Yeah, but at least that don't run around kissing each other every time they score !

In all my years of watching football I don't ever recall one player kissing another. Hugs and man love cuddles yeah, but never tongues. 
Or butt sniffing. Rugby is a game played by thugs and cavemen. There is not even any skill to it.   

4 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Have you been to many rugby clubs? 
A big tell tale of the type of people that the games attract is the crowd. 
One game bans the sale of alcohol in the ground, has mounted police in attendance and police with a  shield wall at the railway station whereas the other game has mixed crowds with no home or away division. 

10 minutes ago, JonC said:

A big tell tale of the type of people that the games attract is the crowd. 

You are generalising there Jon. Dont tar every football fan with the same brush. 
I could say the same about rugby and the "Arm/Navy" idiots. 
There is a fool element to every sport........ and yes, even cricket!