Fantasy football.....

mike farrants

26 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

You are generalising there Jon. Dont tar every football fan with the same brush. 
I could say the same about rugby and the "Arm/Navy" idiots. 
There is a fool element to every sport........ and yes, even cricket! 

Cricket is the most bitchy game going at village level, they all sit in the pavilion slagging off the batsmen- until they get out then they slag off the next batter to the one who just come in. 

2 minutes ago, JonC said:

Cricket is the most bitchy game going at village level, they all sit in the pavilion slagging off the batsmen- until they get out then they slag off the next batter to the one who just come in. 

Those WI members are so cliche! 

55 minutes ago, JonC said:

One game bans the sale of alcohol in the ground, has mounted police in attendance and police with a  shield wall at the railway station whereas the other game has mixed crowds with no home or away division. 

Didn't realise alcohol was banned at rugby matches. Learn something new every day.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Bloody typical......

the week I decided to sub Fraser Forster he plays a blinder with 5 great saves to win saints the game! 

Tell me about it. I subbed Dennis and he's had his best week for ages 😖

• 1 month later...

so the OOFF league has ended - and what a great season we've had - 

Vectic Caulkheads looked unstoppable from the start - but Dogfish FC soon found form, gave them a scare mid way and a run for their money in the 2nd half of the season - a well deserved 2nd.

Fishy FC an admirable 3rd,

Nitrous nutters 4th

and Cobb were dogged by injuries all season, and rumours of unrest in the dressing room, plus their manager reportedly said in interview "Its still all shit" - lets hope they come back stronger next season.

Vectis Caulkheads 2045 (after 80 points deduction for starting early)

Dogfish FC 1843

Fishy FC 1685

Nitrous nutters 1625

Cobb 1526

well done for taking part - lets hope more do next season!

Just now, mike farrants said:

so the OOFF league has ended - and what a great season we've had - 

Vectic Caulkheads looked unstoppable from the start - but Dogfish FC soon found form, gave them a scare mid way and a run for their money in the 2nd half of the season - a well deserved 2nd.

Fishy FC an admirable 3rd,

Nitrous nutters 4th

and Cobb were dogged by injuries all season, and rumours of unrest in the dressing room, plus their manager reportedly said in interview "Its still all shit" - lets hope they come back stronger next season.

Vectis Caulkheads 2045 (after 80 points deduction for starting early)

Dogfish FC 1843

Fishy FC 1685

Nitrous nutters 1625

Cobb 1526

well done for taking part - lets hope more do next season!

Well played Mike! Some good, consistent performances throughout the season - kudos.

I'm rather pleased with 2nd spot given that football doesn't really appear on my radar. Looking forward to next season already 👍

8 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

But geeky stats and stuff does! I think another couple of games and I could have nicked second spot!  

Or dropped to 4th!! To be fair, I've hardly given it any notice lately, been busy elsewhere.... Next season however 🤣

7 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yeah BUT I WAS catching up! 
I could hear Andy's sigh of relief after every game week that he hadn't quite been caught. 

I think it may have been a sigh of pity, thinking poor delusional fool!!!

But hey, getting to 3rd from 22nd is good going so congratulations.....

#nextwe'llbehearingnathanredmondisaqualityplayer

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Funny how you two get all animated and energetic about it AFTER the season has ended.

Animated?? You callin me a toon supporter??

Eh Eh

🤣

Actually bud,  far from animated, football has been a total turn off this season, we were s**t with a capital S**T!!!

• 2 months later...