Fantasy football.....

mike farrants

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Well @mike farrants, you had a good GW8. And so did you @JonC, leapfrogging me up the table.

My team report reads: "Must try harder". Time for some more transfers I think...

Do you loose points when transfers go ahead? I do.

10 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Only if you've already used up your weekly free transfer. Rules are one free transfer per week. You can roll one over to the next week so max of two free transfers if the previous week's transfer was unused. Any extra transfers above your allowance incur a 4 point penalty per transfer.

5 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Only if you've already used up your weekly free transfer. Rules are one free transfer per week. You can roll one over to the next week so max of two free transfers if the previous week's transfer was unused. Any extra transfers above your allowance incur a 4 point penalty per transfer.

Phew that saved me having to look it up

41 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Yoor really getting into this aren’t you?

Just now, JonC said:

Yoor really getting into this aren’t you?

I'm appeasing my inner geek Jon. I don't usually give two flying figs about football, but I find this FPL lark quite fun, in a geeky, poring over the current form and data kind of way.

8 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I'm appeasing my inner geek Jon. I don't usually give two flying figs about football, but I find this FPL lark quite fun, in a geeky, poring over the current form and data kind of way.

It’s like a socially acceptable version of that dungeons and dragons stuff you do with the little models I guess . It’s a step towards normality so it’s all good 

26 minutes ago, JonC said:

It’s like a socially acceptable version of that dungeons and dragons stuff you do with the little models I guess.

You're getting confused Jon. Dungeons & Dragons never used little models. Warhammer is the one with the models.

captain database GIF

#releaseyourinnergeek!

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Don't know how I missed this! 🤣 Points are not tightened nor loosened, so you don't "loose" any points, you lose them.

#littlegingergrammarnazi

18 hours ago, mike farrants said:

yes good game week for me - captained Salah, and again as i said before my cheap but 'busy' keeper (Krul) had a very good game!

Think you'l do well to get 9 points out of Krul this week, we got Chelsea. I'm in 2 minds whether to keep him in or not. Kane finally came good and he was on the bench!! Doh!!

34 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Think you'l do well to get 9 points out of Krul this week, we got Chelsea.

Must admit I was planning to field my Chelsea defenders this week on the basis that they're likely to get clean sheets... 😋

Frustratingly Werner is now injured, which leaves a hole in my forward line-up for now though.

2 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Think you'l do well to get 9 points out of Krul this week, we got Chelsea. I'm in 2 minds whether to keep him in or not. Kane finally came good and he was on the bench!! Doh!!

werner and lukaku out, havertz yet to find his form, Champions league game mid week, im keeping Krul..... he is a great keeper and will have shots fired at him - thats where he cracks up the points. that's a risk worth taking for me!

i cant see norwich winning - but i dont think chelsea will run riot either!

(dont blame me if it goes wrong though)

7 hours ago, mike farrants said:

werner and lukaku out, havertz yet to find his form, Champions league game mid week, im keeping Krul..... he is a great keeper and will have shots fired at him - thats where he cracks up the points. that's a risk worth taking for me!

i cant see norwich winning - but i dont think chelsea will run riot either!

(dont blame me if it goes wrong though)

Yeah, but Chelsea have pace aplenty, the city defence don't..... I hope I'm wrong, but realism kicks in. We've been crap, especially at the back, I think Farke is out of his depth in the prem. The joys of football eh?? 🤣

9 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Must admit I was planning to field my Chelsea defenders this week on the basis that they're likely to get clean sheets... 😋

Frustratingly Werner is now injured, which leaves a hole in my forward line-up for now though.

We haven't been a goal threat at all this season, we only got 2 coz the ball felt sorry for us 🤣

i have  soft spot for Norwich, i had Pukki for a while i thought he'd relish being back in the prem but i swapped him for Toney -

i'm going to keep Krul - simply because after chelsea he has a good run of easy(er) games. that gives me 2x transfers to firm up my defence the following week (Matty Targett aint doing it for me and navarro left watford weeks ago!)

1 hour ago, mike farrants said:

i have  soft spot for Norwich, i had Pukki for a while i thought he'd relish being back in the prem but i swapped him for Toney -

i'm going to keep Krul - simply because after chelsea he has a good run of easy(er) games. that gives me 2x transfers to firm up my defence the following week (Matty Targett aint doing it for me and navarro left watford weeks ago!)

Oddly, this kind of mirrors the last 2 promotion seasons, bad starts then by GW10 they sort themselves out and went on to be division champions!! Not saying they gonna win the prem (although we were very close the 1st ever prem season), but if we at least pick up 40 points I think fans would be happy regardless of whether we stay up or go down

56 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

I have to say, thanks to my teams 7-0 battering, Mr Mason Mount picked up 21 points, Krul still got a point!!! Kane and the scousers play tomorrow.......

Let's be honest, Krul only got a point for turning up 🤣