Fantasy football.....

mike farrants

On 9/25/2021 at 6:35 PM, suzook12 said:

tell ya what, if you remove Mikes point for the first week it's extremely close

I did say from the start I will deduct my week 1 points at the end - but yes very close - a good battle with places changing each week!

i was a bit disappointed with my week - but only as i made the wrong captain choice -  i captained Antonio and he should have had a good week against Brentford - but they are on a roll. Salah got me some good points, and I should have left him as captain -

but my stand out was Tim Krul in goal

I've always rated him as a good keeper, and being in newly promoted Norwich - i thought he was a good bet as a) hes cheap, and b) will be very busy in goal - 

keepers lose points for letting in goals, but gain points for saves - so an average keeper will earn average points, a busy keeper will repay the goals he lets in with points for saves. However - he's been letting in too many goals so far this season - its a fine line to get right and i was waiting for him to come good

BUT - this weekend he got a clean sheet against burnley and did 5 saves, and earned bonus - 9 points for him! 

Ronaldo only played half an hour (likely rested because he had a Champions league game in the week) - one thing to look out for is rotation - during busy weeks the big teams that compete in other comps mid week have enough players to rotate and rest their key players in games deemed less important. this sometimes influences my captain choice. 

Antonio was my captain last week too. Underwhelming performance. Two of my defenders also underwhelmed. Dios and Cancelo with yellows which wiped out their 60min points, but Azpilicueta was my biggest point scorer with two assists (as a defender!) and two bonus points. Werner was a surprise bonus for me as I'd benched him but one of my other defenders wasn't played so his points came in on an automatic substitution.

Speaking of good bets, anyone else using Hwang? Three goals and 24 points from only four games. Either he'll have a brilliant season or he'll burn out after a few more games, but for the price he's worth rolling the dice on I reckon.

43 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

yeah i saw you had a nightmare at the back! you could of done with martial coming on too!

I've got rid of Martial now - felt he was underperforming compared with his cost and his injury risk was the icing on the cake for me.

However, based on the upcoming fixtures and their previous form/results I have high hopes for GW8.

#famouslastwords

Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but anyone else miss the Premier League this weekend? No fixtures, no casually checking your phone for match progress every 30 seconds, no FPL points to score...

I suppose the only saving grace is that Fishy FC can't sink any lower this week.

1 minute ago, mike farrants said:

that's why i like fantasy football - i'm not a huge footie fan, but this adds a bit more excitement to the weekend, it gets you involved in more games that just your fav team.

yeah i missed it this weekend! 

How did your weekend of non-fishy vegan friends go Mike? Did you convert them? Or did they convert you?? 😱