Left handed multi's

5 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Not hard at all Pete. If it's for Lynn and only light use, take a look at these on eBay   272064206123

Don't be put off by the brand, for what Lynn will need they will be perfect and will not break the bank!! 

thanks will do

I recently started using left handed multi's (and spin reels) for micro jigging. Ive used multi's right handed all my life but recently found how much fun micro and slow pitch is with my easiest controlling hand using the rod for the twitch action and the lefty hand for simply winding at the handle. Right handers should give it a try.

61AB246F-638B-4C13-B58C-7E1B740CCE9D.thumb.jpeg.e8d878bc297562a3e5fd93d81fe28073.jpeg

Edited by JDP

26 minutes ago, JDP said:

I recently started using left handed multi's (and spin reels) for micro jigging. Ive used multi's right handed all my life but recently found how much fun micro and slow pitch is with my easiest controlling hand using the rod for the twitch action and the lefty hand for simply winding at the handle. Right handers should give it a try.

61AB246F-638B-4C13-B58C-7E1B740CCE9D.thumb.jpeg.e8d878bc297562a3e5fd93d81fe28073.jpeg

Good work Jon, you are clearly on the path to enlightenment. 😉👍

37 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I do wonder though for true lefties wouldn't they be able to create better action with the rod in their left hand and so be better off with a right handed reel. The rods action in moving a lure is what attracts the fish, the hand that simply turns a handle doesn't do much at all.

35 minutes ago, Captain Sensible said:

left handers right wind 

right handers left wind 

dominant hand is always on the rod 

yee canne change t’laws of physics cp’in arrrr 

Yes that's always been the case with spin but most right handed anglers will hold the rod in their left and reel with the right using multi's. Take most game anglers, they use their less dominant weaker arm on the rod and the strongest to turn the reel handle. To be honest you can also do a fair amount of lifting from a game reel handle on the upstroke and you don't need to create any rod action simply hanging bait over the side but when skilled rod action is needed then opposites attract!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 7:09 PM, Andy135 said:

The second video shows exactly why right handers use left handed multi reels for jigging, maybe you should try a right handed one being a lefty!!!!  

ive a few  L H W   Avets   sx &  mxl   i find it easier  to use a L H W  even though im right Handed    all my  fixed spool reels  i use left handed     its only the  Big Game reels i use  right handed   only because the reels are right handed   

6 hours ago, willyhookit said:

ive a few  L H W   Avets   sx &  mxl   i find it easier  to use a L H W  even though im right Handed    all my  fixed spool reels  i use left handed     its only the  Big Game reels i use  right handed   only because the reels are right handed   

I'm the same. Good to have another enlightened angler amongst us 👍

6 hours ago, willyhookit said:

Same

• 1 month later...

The following left handed reels are the ones I mainly use. The accurate & Everol are very expensive. The raptors are as well.

I use an Accurate 600NN for pirking/heavy wrecking.
An avet sx raptor for shadding.
An avet sxj raptor for uptiding. 
Penn Fathom ll FTH15 LWLH for drifting for plaice (found the braid cutting into my thumb drifting for plaice after a couple of days with the sxj so got a reel with a level wind)

I’ve bought a Shimano Torium 16 HG-A L. & a Shimano Torium 30 HG-A L both left hand star drags. Not used them yet. But both are very smooth.

I got an everol VJ6 light as a Xmas present. With the spool button release. Had a go shadding with it, but the braid would easily build up the side of the reel spool then drop causing the line to go loose on the spool. Think it was due to the Angle of the sides of the spool. Got a bit annoying using it.

40 minutes ago, Yorkie Angler said:

The following left handed reels are the ones I mainly use. The accurate & Everol are very expensive. The raptors are as well.

I use an Accurate 600NN for pirking/heavy wrecking.
An avet sx raptor for shadding.
An avet sxj raptor for uptiding. 
Penn Fathom ll FTH15 LWLH for drifting for plaice (found the braid cutting into my thumb drifting for plaice after a couple of days with the sxj so got a reel with a level wind)

I’ve bought a Shimano Torium 16 HG-A L. & a Shimano Torium 30 HG-A L both left hand star drags. Not used them yet. But both are very smooth.

I got an everol VJ6 light as a Xmas present. With the spool button release. Had a go shadding with it, but the braid would easily build up the side of the reel spool then drop causing the line to go loose on the spool. Think it was due to the Angle of the sides of the spool. Got a bit annoying using it.

That's a good collection. How do you find the SX Raptors? Are they worth the premium over the regular SX versions?

My first Avet was just an JX, then I got a Sx, 3rd one was the SXJ mc. I was that chuffed with the magnetic brake stopping over runs I bought an mc frame for the JX.

after that I got the MC in an SX & a MX.

the raptors I got because I fancied 2 speed reels so I just got the top of the range in them.

to be honest the main thing about the Avets to me is the MC to stop over runs either uptiding or not paying attention when dropping bottom fishing.

6ECB1642-0C0C-499D-84F2-25ED03C2ACF4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Yorkie Angler said:

My first Avet was just an JX, then I got a Sx, 3rd one was the SXJ mc. I was that chuffed with the magnetic brake stopping over runs I bought an mc frame for the JX.

after that I got the MC in an SX & a MX.

the raptors I got because I fancied 2 speed reels so I just got the top of the range in them.

to be honest the main thing about the Avets to me is the MC to stop over runs either uptiding or not paying attention when dropping bottom fishing.

6ECB1642-0C0C-499D-84F2-25ED03C2ACF4.jpeg

I do like the Accurate 600NN must have had it 11 years now. Have used it mainly for pirking/conger fishing. Got the 400 but not used yet. The everol I wasn’t impressed with using it for shadding, due to line dropping off the edge of the spool making the line loose on the reel, but the button spool release on it was ok.

FC46040C-72A9-4E99-B403-AB9F1D768158.jpeg