club boat trip

Hi Guys, sorry for the late entry to the party! I am still 100% in for the trip (Luke, can I get in on the bulk bait order too please, just let me know how much I owe!).

Anybody know what we will be targeting? I saw Plaice mentioned (never caught a Plaice!) and whiting. Are we just bottom bait fishing or is there any lure/wrecking going to be happening?

Haven't booked my accommodation yet. Is everybody arriving the night before? 

Cheers,

Andy

3 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

Hi Guys, sorry for the late entry to the party! I am still 100% in for the trip (Luke, can I get in on the bulk bait order too please, just let me know how much I owe!).

Anybody know what we will be targeting? I saw Plaice mentioned (never caught a Plaice!) and whiting. Are we just bottom bait fishing or is there any lure/wrecking going to be happening?

Cheers,

Andy

You’re more than welcome to join to the bait party 🙂 

I’m thinking prob night before, need to check what time we’re heading out… 🤔🤔🤔 

2 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

some of us are staying at the b and b

9 the high street tel 01202683733  apparently a short walk to the key

11 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

Cheers,

Andy

Welcome Andy! Glad you made it.

From memory it's an 8am departure from Poole Quay on the Sunday, so most of us are staying over the night before. @Saintly Fish has found us somewhere - sure he'll be along shortly to advise of the name of the place.

10 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

You need to be there the night before, I thought this had already been agreed. We are leaving 07.30am ish I believe . Will be a long day for you if your driving in the morning. 

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

@Saintly Fish has the skipper given us any indication of the gear we should bring? What line classes of rod, suitable weights and styles of leads, rigs etc?

No but then I haven't asked. You should be experienced enough to know this kinda stuff ginge. Tides will be mid strength, so no 2lb leads required. I'm sure he will have leads on board, but I will be taking 10-12oz. 
15/20lb and 6/12lb rods. 

22 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

No but then I haven't asked. You should be experienced enough to know this kinda stuff ginge. Tides will be mid strength, so no 2lb leads required. I'm sure he will have leads on board, but I will be taking 10-12oz. 
15/20lb and 6/12lb rods. 

Using 30lb braid you will probably be ok with 8oz leads.

28 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

@Saintly Fish has the skipper given us any indication of the gear we should bring? What line classes of rod, suitable weights and styles of leads, rigs etc?

Take a 6-12 & 12-20. 
Reels loaded with 30lb braid and cannon ball leads of 8oz, 10oz, & 12oz

Most of the time a zip slider will be ok, but when the tide is running you may find a tube boom ( aka guys boom or wrecking boom) easier to be tangle free.

Use a 50lb hard mono rig body and 20-30lb fc snood.