$120000 per outboard

While JonC touched on the point in another thread on Australia being one of the worst countries in the world emitters of pollution and environmentally suck!!!...I just cant get over the fact people seem to be heading in the wrong direction to fix the issue. One of my neighbours, young couple both have Ford F350's specked out to the max with suspension lifts, massive tyres and the full works. These aren't used off-road at all but just to head to work short distances and they need a smaller car to fit in shopping centre carparks.

We seem to be chasing the USA in terms of outboards strapped to the back of boats too, with this new 10.6m boat with 1800hp of outboards sitting on it.  https://www.boatsales.com.au/editorial/details/aussie-made-boat-to-hit-sanctuary-cove-with-1800hp-mercury-v12-power-133419/?fbclid=IwAR2MplaGxtuGxEYBYkVifLDlfmOH0AHMN5WV4GyzHhQDhmVJ7-M7z2XV2q4

2 minutes ago, JDP said:

While JonC touched on the point in another thread on Australia being one of the worst countries in the world emitters of pollution and environmentally suck!!!...I just cant get over the fact people seem to be heading in the wrong direction to fix the issue. One of my neighbours, young couple both have Ford F350's specked out to the max with suspension lifts, massive tyres and the full works. These aren't used off-road at all but just to head to work short distances and they need a smaller car to fit in shopping centre carparks.

We seem to be chasing the USA in terms of outboards strapped to the back of boats too, with this new 10.6m boat with 1800hp of outboards sitting on it.  https://www.boatsales.com.au/editorial/details/aussie-made-boat-to-hit-sanctuary-cove-with-1800hp-mercury-v12-power-133419/?fbclid=IwAR2MplaGxtuGxEYBYkVifLDlfmOH0AHMN5WV4GyzHhQDhmVJ7-M7z2XV2q4

Link doesn't work Jon.

6 minutes ago, JDP said:

Jesus Christ , I’m not that bothered about you and your pollution, let it go - I’m over it. 

15 hours ago, JonC said:

Jesus Christ , I’m not that bothered about you and your pollution, let it go - I’m over it. 

Thought you would enjoy the comparison and fuel figures but Jesus H Christ you are a grumpy f*** . I apologise for  distracting you from your kitchen delights to something a bit boaty, have a wonderful Xmas🤠

590322198_ScreenShot2021-12-15at7_07_18am.png.f374fcc30fcc91f5e848d5b8eebdfbd2.png

Edited by JDP

• 2 weeks later...

Link doesn’t work for me either, but with the latest Mercs, probably cleaner and more economical than most other 1800hp boats, of which there are many of course - just when they’re hidden in the hull you tend not to give it a second thought.

Edited by Clinker

1 hour ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

oh well i keep it small to save on the fuel ££££££££££££

i would consider  a sailing boat but i would be a bit slow. (trying to keep up with the others )

Just think of "the Tortoise and the Hare" Pete. Geoff.☺️

9 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

FTFY Geoff

No good being jealous about Mikes fishing success rate Neil. You should realize that if he had a faster boat he would probably catch even more fish leaving even less for you to try to catch. Geoff.☺️

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

No good being jealous about Mikes fishing success rate Neil. You should realize that if he had a faster boat he would probably catch even more fish leaving even less for you to try to catch. Geoff.☺️

try  😂  😱😱