What's your favourite fish to catch?

For me it's got to be the humble dogfish. It's usually the only fish I feel relieved to catch, usually because I'm blanking and they're a welcome blank-buster!

Which fish floats your boat and why?

I’m not going to come in on this swinging my dick. I’ll leave that to @headlight and his giant mackerel.

Im happy to catch anything that puts more of a bend in my rod than a pout or whiting. I love to catch a nice bass, always a pleasant visitor. Luckily conger are always around to save the day from a boring blank . Undulate rays are my favourite fish to look at though. The colour schemes amaze me. 

Sharks, coz it’s a waiting game. When that ratchet goes is it a monster or a tiddker, gets that adrelelin going. 

After that, Mr Cod, you get that slack liner on your uotider, wind like hell and get that lovely nodding feeling on the end. Goes well with chips too 🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Sharks, coz it’s a waiting game. When that ratchet goes is it a monster or a tiddker, gets that adrelelin going. 

After that, Mr Cod, you get that slack liner on your uotider, wind like hell and get that lovely nodding feeling on the end. Goes well with chips too 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Either your fingers aren't working so well or you've been hanging out with Pete for too long Luke. 🤣

I love catching turbot and brill, not because they fight as they don't much but they are so beautiful oh and they taste good.  For sport I like pollock as their crash dives are impressive, bass are also good fun on light gear

Snapper would have to be high on my list, the fact you can target them on so many styles of tackle, most of which is light makes for great sport. We have some serious amounts of game fish on offer but give me snapper or yellowtail kingfish any day. In saying that just about any fish is fun given the right tackle to target them.

3 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

You can only catch what's in front of you, so mine has to be tope without lots of travelling, in which case blue shark (to date), although rays on light gear can be great fun

Rays is a good shout, lovely colours, cheap bait and on right gear can be a bit of fun 🙂 

• 2 months later...