Any information on Rodman or similar?

46 minutes ago, Maverick said:

This is the same as mine but maybe over budget

Rodman 870

Flat out 26 knots but cruise between 18/20 knots no problem

If you want any information let me know. It’s in my boat club in Cardiff 🙂 

31 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

@Gordmac How about something outside the box? 

https://www.theyachtmarket.com/en/boat-for-sale/1853573/

Wow - some find Neil - that boat really appeals to me, sadly way beyond my budget and anyway I would not have enough time to  build one!! - and 87 super pics to boot☺️. Geoff. 

11 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Wow - some find Neil - that boat really appeals to me, sadly way beyond my budget and anyway I would not have enough time to  build one!! - and 87 super pics to boot☺️. Geoff. 

Yeah it’s a proper boat Geoff. 

I've always loved the Aquadors but the 28 although very well built and for its size has copious amounts of internal space is pretty much useless for fishing as the cockpit space is tiny.  If you were specifically looking for one of those that is a goodun

2 hours ago, JonC said:

Big day for the England team tomorrow, they have a very good score to defend but it’s going to be hard to take 9 wickets in a days play. A very good performance on Indian soil so far for the tourists. 

now who is high jacking the thread, bad boy, 

10 hours ago, Maverick said:

useless for fishing as the cockpit space is tiny

Yea Martin, I agree whole heartedly with that. We looked at one and discounted it for our own needs because of that. However, if @Gordmacisnt a fishing nut like most of us then it could be perfect for his needs. Especially when the bifold doors are opened right up, it really does then bring the outside inside. 

Thanks.

I think the BT 25 would be too small for me, the 27 I had a look at and I wouldn't want a smaller one as the cabin and wheelhouse would be too cramped. I think that one has been advertised for a while, brokers don't seem to remove ads when a boat sells!

Big semi displacement boats like the Aquabell tend to use a lot of fuel for not a lot of speed. Far too much wood in that one, not a fan of wood in boats. 

The Rodman is on my interesting list, a bit over budget but ono, been advertised for a while. Would like a look at it.

The Starfisher has twin 150hp, how would that compare to your single 260hp? My thinking was not that much more than the twin 120s in my previous boat and it would maybe do 17kn flat out.

I quite like the Aquador 28C, would like a look at one. Looked at a 25C which was a bit cramped. That one has been advertised for a very long time, I suspect it has sold as it doesn't seem to be on the brokerage.

Thanks for the suggestions.

7 minutes ago, JonC said:

Have you gone off the game Geoff? 

Jon, I enjoyed PLAYING cricket in junior school, but when they changed from using tennis ball to those solid lumps I discovered that it hurt if the ball hit you. Cricket then became a no no for me. WATCHING  cricket has never been of any interest to me - especially test matches that seem to drag on forever. I must admit that the current trend of fixed over cricket is less boring, but I am waiting for a ONE over series to be introduced. Geoff. :classic_wink:

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Jon, I enjoyed PLAYING cricket in junior school, but when they changed from using tennis ball to those solid lumps I discovered that it hurt if the ball hit you. Cricket then became a no no for me. WATCHING  cricket has never been of any interest to me - especially test matches that seem to drag on forever. I must admit that the current trend of fixed over cricket is less boring, but I am waiting for a ONE over series to be introduced. Geoff. :classic_wink:

@JonC and @Geoff can you please stop ruining Gords thread. Thanks

9 minutes ago, JonC said:

That’s a beautiful boat, not for fishing here. Maybe in the med somewhere. 

Not for fishing here?? Are you mad? Of course it’s ok for fishing. Why would it not be, have you not seen the rod holders on it? 
It has a big deck for fishing, and a door to hide behind when it gets cold and nasty. It also has cushions. 

11 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Not for fishing here?? Are you mad? Of course it’s ok for fishing. Why would it not be, have you not seen the rod holders on it? 
It has a big deck for fishing, and a door to hide behind when it gets cold and nasty. It also has cushions. 

It’s ‘Ok’ for fishing, but you could fish off anything that floats. It’s not a fishing boat, it’s not suited to uk style fishing, 

Take it down to the warmer climates south west of Spain for some sport fishing. 

5 minutes ago, JonC said:

It’s ‘Ok’ for fishing, but you could fish off anything that floats. It’s not a fishing boat, it’s not suited to uk style fishing, 

Take it down to the warmer climates south west of Spain for some sport fishing. 

I’m sorry but I do believe you are talking out of your arse. It may not be suitable for where you fish, but it’s absolutely fine for where I fish or I’m sure in Scotland where Gordon fishes. 

4 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I’m sorry but I do believe you are talking out of your arse. It may not be suitable for where you fish, but it’s absolutely fine for where I fish or I’m sure in Scotland where Gordon fishes. 

Ok, that’s obviously why we see so many people using them for angling.