Prezzies

Malc

Do you know what you're getting, is it fishing oriented?

Or do you just get your gear as and when you need it through the year and let the family buy you knickers and socks?

Bulk spool of braid and a new bag that I know of and a fin nor marquesa for my birthday in February!

🧑‍🎄🎁

43 minutes ago, Malc said:

Do you know what you're getting, is it fishing oriented?

Or do you just get your gear as and when you need it through the year and let the family buy you knickers and socks?

Bulk spool of braid and a new bag that I know of and a fin nor marquesa for my birthday in February!

🧑‍🎄🎁

i get arsked what i whont for xmas so no duff presents

Buy what I want when it's needed (or even if it isn't)

I couldn't wait for a reel/rod if I wanted/needed one for an upcoming trip

I may ask Santa for a new pair of welly type boots, the pair I currently use through the winter are probably 25 yrs old

They are a derry ? boot that originally came with thick liners

The liners wore out yrs ago and got replaced with ski socks, that have never been washed come to think of it 

It's just another day to me, especially since moving from the UK which really gets onboard with the festive season. Here it's just a summer hot day with heaps of tourists about. Personally I just buy fishing gear when I can justify needing more!!!!...I did just buy a limited edition Ian Miller sword rod and talica reel, so I could call that my Xmas present.

IMG_05022.thumb.JPG.e9aade83b1b8568cb7cf8ae0cd1f920f.JPG

4 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Buy what I want when it's needed (or even if it isn't)

I couldn't wait for a reel/rod if I wanted/needed one for an upcoming trip

I may ask Santa for a new pair of welly type boots, the pair I currently use through the winter are probably 25 yrs old

They are a derry ? boot that originally came with thick liners

The liners wore out yrs ago and got replaced with ski socks, that have never been washed come to think of it 

😝😝

I’m not expecting much (anything) for Christmas…. I’m always a nightmare to buy for (apparently) so I just tell people not to bother 🤣

If I need gear I wheel and deal until I can afford it… 

Edited by Odyssey

18 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Andy, if you do get new socks, your problem will probably trying to remove your old ones. Geoff.😉

Do you actually think that he wears the same pair twice? By the time he gets his slave to iron then it’s easier to just use new ones each day. 

26 minutes ago, JonC said:

Do you actually think that he wears the same pair twice? By the time he gets his slave to iron then it’s easier to just use new ones each day. 

i thought he wore sandels to save on socks ???

22 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I’m not expecting much (anything) for Christmas…. I’m always a nightmare to buy for (apparently) so I just tell people not to bother 🤣

If I need gear I wheel and deal until I can afford it… 

That rod and reel I have above is one of the ones I was offering for sale when you were after some. It cost me $1000 which equates to 500 quid, so hard to resist not buying it!!!!!!

18 hours ago, JDP said:

That rod and reel I have above is one of the ones I was offering for sale when you were after some. It cost me $1000 which equates to 500 quid, so hard to resist not buying it!!!!!!

£500?! It’d be £700 just for the reel over here….

Need to organise a shipping container for @JDP old gear, ship it back and it’d pay for my dream cheetah cat 😂

Edited by Odyssey