Covid Vac

Geoff

Fingers crossed for you. I thought about your eye op the other day when they talking about hospital bed availability, but our local hospital told my wife that they are trying hard not to allow covid not to disrupt other treatments if at all possible. I do hope that your op goes ahead on time and that you are lucky enough to get your vac soon. Geoff.

22 hours ago, Geoff said:

Fingers crossed for you. I thought about your eye op the other day when they talking about hospital bed availability, but our local hospital told my wife that they are trying hard not to allow covid not to disrupt other treatments if at all possible. I do hope that your op goes ahead on time and that you are lucky enough to get your vac soon. Geoff.

My eye surgery will be a day surgery done with a local anaesthetic. I will admit I am a tad concerned about my reaction to being attacked in the eye with a laser and scalpel, but having had a local and metal dug out my eye a couple of times, I think I will be OK. 

They only use a full anaesthetic on those that can't keep still or are frightened by the process.

Wife's sister has her eye surgery booked for the 28th Jan at the same hospital, so I am keeping a close watch to see if it gets cancelled .......... so far so good.

It needs to be done as I am only just about day time road legal and cannot possibly drive at night, this has gone from 20/20 vision in just 2 years !

The wife drives our Jeep, but has yet to drive the Volvo S90, I think I will make her take the wheel next time we go out.

Edited by GPSguru

I must say that eye surgery whilst still conscious terrifies me. Your cataracts have "ripened" very quickly as I know the worries of not being able to drive is also scary so I do hope that your surgery does go ahead on time. I am not sure which would be the worst  worry for me - local anesthetic for eyes, or my wifes driving!!! I must admit that I was really worried about having my hernia op last year with day surgery LA, but actually it was absolutely no problem, in fact I preferred it to being put out, but did have the nightmare of having to be driven home. Geoff. ☺️

On 1/21/2021 at 11:19 PM, Geoff said:

I must say that eye surgery whilst still conscious terrifies me. Your cataracts have "ripened" very quickly as I know the worries of not being able to drive is also scary so I do hope that your surgery does go ahead on time. I am not sure which would be the worst  worry for me - local anesthetic for eyes, or my wifes driving!!! I must admit that I was really worried about having my hernia op last year with day surgery LA, but actually it was absolutely no problem, in fact I preferred it to being put out, but did have the nightmare of having to be driven home. Geoff. ☺️

Today I had a phone call to confirm a pre op appointment on the 5th Feb, with a view to the op taking place the last week of Feb / first week of March. It is strange, but i am quite excited about it.

The wife mostly drives now, as early last week we were out (me driving) and I said look at those 3 idiots crossing on a bloody green light ......... erm, it one person crossing the road, forward of the lights and my wife was horrified that my eyesight was that bad !

Edited by GPSguru

7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Today I had a phone call to confirm a pre op appointment on the 5th Feb, with a view to the op taking place the last week of Feb / first week of March. It is strange, but i am quite excited about it.

The wife mostly drives now, as early last week we were out (me driving) and I said look at those 3 idiots crossing on a bloody green light ......... erm, it one person crossing the road, forward of the lights and my wife was horrified that my eyesight was that bad !

I hope it all stays on track for you Ian. Sounds like not a minute too soon! 

EU putting export bans on vaccines made within the EU.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55860540

Not sure how I feel about this, other than they're having a hissy fit that they were slow to contract for purchasing, slow to approve the AZ vaccine, slow to roll out their vaccination planning, and now they're restricting supply to make up for their prior failures. I was on the fence regarding Brexit but the EU's behaviour might just tip me into the "good riddance" camp...

[puts on tin hat and expects a visit from the politics police in due course]

17 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Not sure how I feel about this, other than they're having a hissy fit that they were slow to contract for purchasing, slow to approve the AZ vaccine, slow to roll out their vaccination planning, and now they're restricting supply to make up for their prior failures. I was on the fence regarding Brexit but the EU's behaviour might just tip me into the "good riddance" camp...

It just goes to show what a bunch of hissy fit cnuts they really are. 
Slow to the party then sulk and scream like a ginger kid who can’t get his own way. 🙄

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

A very sad state of affairs. They have also broken the rules as set out by the brexit agreement by including NI in the export ban, fearing it could be  door for the wider UK.

Boris now needs to take decisive action and AZ must continue to tell them to feck off !

Edited by GPSguru

19 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

They have also broken the rules as set out by the brexit agreement by including NI in the export ban, fearing it could be  door for the wider UK.

Yes, I just read about that. Absolutely shameful!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55864442

The EU will do everything possible to make Brexit life uncomfortable for us because if we are seen to do well others in the EU will follow. And now I have just heard that a French company has bought Bombardier. We should not continue allowing UK businesses to be sold to foreign nations. We should be building up the UK. buying British goods. If the EU wants to play hardball we should reciprocate - I do know that we will not. Geoff.

Edited by Geoff

The plot thickens... apparently AZ are indeed only under a "best efforts" clause in their contract with the EU, meaning the EU are out on a limb with their export ban posturing and are likely playing to the domestic crowd who are baying in anger because of the delays to the EU vaccination program.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/29/lawyer-says-eus-position-in-vaccines-row-is-legally-unsustainable-13990071/?ito=amp-tag-post-strip-item-1