Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

Nice one Sevans, Don't know what was going on up this neck of the woods (Penarth area) but none of us could even buy a bite

Quite a strong rip, but we've caught in similar tides 

Were you in the Haven, or did you venture to the reefs

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2024 at 11:57 AM, jonnyswamp said:

Nice one Sevans, Don't know what was going on up this neck of the woods (Penarth area) but none of us could even buy a bite

Quite a strong rip, but we've caught in similar tides 

Were you in the Haven, or did you venture to the reefs

Sorry, only just seen this.

that was outside the haven in St brides bay

• 1 month later...

Hoping to get out tomorrow, but I will be solo as Kyle is ill ( has developed UC the same as me).

Boat hasn't moved for 3 months (last time out was Jan 15th ) mainly due to the weather, but I have also been fitting a new kitchen that turned into a bigger job ( had to take the walls back to brick and remove the ceiling) and also have had a nightmare with my disco sport ( fuel pump failure, 6 to 9 months for a new part, but LR are now seeing sense and hopefully will sort me out with a loan car next week.

Just getting the boat ready, both batteries are fine and it started on the button. Just the rods to load and top up the tubes. I wont be going far tomorrow, maybe try for a few fresh mack and give the inshore wrecks a drift or two.

1 hour ago, GPSguru said:

Hoping to get out tomorrow, but I will be solo as Kyle is ill ( has developed UC the same as me).

Boat hasn't moved for 3 months (last time out was Jan 15th ) mainly due to the weather, but I have also been fitting a new kitchen that turned into a bigger job ( had to take the walls back to brick and remove the ceiling) and also have had a nightmare with my disco sport ( fuel pump failure, 6 to 9 months for a new part, but LR are now seeing sense and hopefully will sort me out with a loan car next week.

Just getting the boat ready, both batteries are fine and it started on the button. Just the rods to load and top up the tubes. I wont be going far tomorrow, maybe try for a few fresh mack and give the inshore wrecks a drift or two.

Bad luck with the Disco. After my D2 I swore never again... 

23 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Bad luck with the Disco. After my D2 I swore never again... 

yes, right now I can understand that.

The disco sport only has 36k on it, so the pump should never have failed.

I think I will go back to Volvo once the disco is fixed, maybe a V60, as the V90 is way too big.

40 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

yes, right now I can understand that.

The disco sport only has 36k on it, so the pump should never have failed.

I think I will go back to Volvo once the disco is fixed, maybe a V60, as the V90 is way too big.

Only 36k? I think I'd be spitting blue feathers if that had happened to me. Commiserations.

Judging by the current forecast I look to be in danger of actually doing some fishing this weekend 😱

Pretty sure I can remember what to do...

1. Bait hook

2. Drop down

3. Wind in dogfish that I didn't know was on.

4. Repeat.

43 minutes ago, Malc said:

Looking good all round the country for fishing this weekend, tight lines if you get out 👍

Unfortunately we are away this weekend, but I might be able to fish the estuary, but a bit early for the bass, which is prolific in the autumn.

However, might be able to get out Thursday morning on the boat, but limited the half a day (school run).

5 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Judging by the current forecast I look to be in danger of actually doing some fishing this weekend 😱

Pretty sure I can remember what to do...

1. Bait hook

2. Drop down

3. Wind in dogfish that I didn't know was on.

4. Repeat.

No bait… it’s lures to avoid the dogfish… they are around In plague proportions 😭