Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

18 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Depends what you're after. Don't bother Wight he needles if you want cod. Stay around lepe. 

to be honest I just want to prove the engine works, any fish are a bonus. If the engine doesn't work look out for a burning pilot 520 floating around the solent

You'll have noticed there wasn't a pilot 520 ablaze on the Solent today. It actually works! Sort of. I don't think it's getting full throttle and barely moves in reverse. Hopefully it's just the cables that need adjusting. Walker outboards supposedly did them so I'll call them Monday. 

Very quiet on the fish front, just a small whiting and a tiny doggy but at least it's not a blank 

3 hours ago, daio web said:

hi guys went out saturday very very poor day only my boy caught plenty of fish showing on depth sounder mid water loads of little sprats jumping out the water cod must be at it again   well always next time 

Where did you fish, I was supposed to be out Saturday as well but other stuff got in the way

Seems to be a few coming off the Coral and around Cardiff atm, not loads by any means but a few

18 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Where did you fish, I was supposed to be out Saturday as well but other stuff got in the way

Seems to be a few coming off the Coral and around Cardiff atm, not loads by any means but a few

i tried a few places e/w grounds n / deeps nothing mate even the charter boats moving everywhere     back out on the 16 th december now winds permitting 

• 1 month later...

Weather forecast isn’t great tomorrow and the fishing isn’t expected to be great either but I’m going to give it a go for a few hours. Got a few lug and some frozen bits so I’ll try scratching in the river. I haven’t fished the river much over the past year, I’ve been doing more all day longer distance trips, it’s funny how so many of us probably drive straight over the top of decent fish to get to the distant marks. 
I think I’ve got a decent stockpile of pot noodles on board so worst way I can just spend my day eating in style. 

17 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

i don't want to jinx it so i'm saying nothing other than i've moved some frozen bait from the shed freezer to the main kitchen one and set my alarm for 6am tomorrow.

make of that what you will........

Are you going to try for a fe mini species to chuck in the freezer ready for the comp like you did last year? 

9 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I shall be out Saturday, excellent forecast but big tides, not sure where I'll go yet

Our forecast for the area has changed dramatically every few hours, not looking good again now. 

22 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

He thinks you're baiting him. 😆

Be like last time with you both giving me the wanker sign as you motored out of the marina. 

Stunning forecast on weekend but Saturday it’s doing a refit on downstairs loo, Sunday it’s SCBI AGM in London so no fishing again 😞 

2 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Stunning forecast on weekend but Saturday it’s doing a refit on downstairs loo, Sunday it’s SCBI AGM in London so no fishing again 😞 

Typical 😖

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Certainly a decent forecast for Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday here.

On Saturday I have to take grand daughter to horse riding, but hoping to get out on Sunday, and if the forecast holds true it will be a trip to the skerries after some winter Turbot.

However, it is a monster tide (top of the springs) so drifting the skerries will be challenging, also coming back into port at low tide will require some bum clenching careful maneuvering, as with 0.8m there is no room for any error. Normally I like the tide to be a minimum of 1.5m to get on the slip, but I will probably land at the all tide sand slip, but it will still be very tight

5 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Certainly a decent forecast for Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday here.

On Saturday I have to take grand daughter to horse riding, but hoping to get out on Sunday, and if the forecast holds true it will be a trip to the skerries after some winter Turbot.

However, it is a monster tide (top of the springs) so drifting the skerries will be challenging, also coming back into port at low tide will require some bum clenching careful maneuvering, as with 0.8m there is no room for any error. Normally I like the tide to be a minimum of 1.5m to get on the slip, but I will probably land at the all tide sand slip, but it will still be very tight

Tide is definitely something I'll need to consider to, as it makes for fun work trying to get back on the mooring in a ripping ebb. 

15 hours ago, Sevans said:

looking to get out of milford haven over weekend. Still learning the area and tides so will have a tentative look outside of the haven and if doable see what we can find.

@Odyssey is from the Haven. PM him I'm sure he can give you a heads up on tides and conditions etc

Nice to see you got out Stu 🙂 

You caught more cod than all the Penarth charter boats combined. One had only 1 bite in his daytime trip and not even that on the evening trip 😮