Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

8 hours ago, JonC said:

This is more of a report and not appropriate here. Thanks for your ongoing cooperation 

8 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes, this is a "who's out" thread. Not a "who never caught a tuna" thread. Lazy .

This wasn't a report as it doesn't meet the requirements of a report. It was more a statement of heading out where I happened to catch small striped tuna which would of been used for the next day as bait (today). Which I suppose being a Monday long weekend doesn't meet the weekend heading out category, or does it. I will send our new noble king a message to find out if a Monday would constitute as a weekend or if he would need to check with the forum rules for clearance. 

If it had been a fishing report however I would of mentioned where I had headed out from, the vessel and people I fished with. I would of stated the rods and reels, lures and baits etc. I would of mentioned the distance offshore and other vessels networking the search for the fish. I would of mentioned sea conditions, water temperatures and water temp breaks in the water we searched for. I would of mentioned the whales, dolphins, albatross, gannets etc etc as key indicators in the search for the catch. However the fact I didn't mention those meant it didn't constitute a report.

As for not knowing if today being a Monday long weekend is actually weekend or not I decided to stay in bed until 10am and perhaps just go for a dive later instead. 

On 6/7/2023 at 5:06 AM, JonC said:

He gave me the wanker sign last year as I went past him🤣

He has a reputation for being paranoid about his marks I’m told. 

I noticed that you don't need to go back very far to find others are also breaking the rules here in regards to going out on the weekend. This is not a statement ion heading out or not, simply another story of someone looking in a mirror 😘

On 6/7/2023 at 9:02 PM, Saintly Fish said:

So what is the new purchase?

Here is another fine example just on the previous page from someone clearly not understanding the rules of this thread. How does this constitute going out on the weekend. Maybe the thread needs to head to a more simple Yes or No in regards to heading out on the weekend. 

Edited by JDP

2 hours ago, JDP said:

Here is another fine example just on the previous page from someone clearly not understanding the rules of this thread. How does this constitute going on on the weekend. Maybe the thread needs to head to a more simple Yes or No in regards to heading out on the weekend. 

I don’t know what you are waffling on about now but can you please stop clogging up this post with non relevant ramblings. 

5 hours ago, JDP said:

Here is another fine example just on the previous page from someone clearly not understanding the rules of this thread. How does this constitute going out on the weekend. Maybe the thread needs to head to a more simple Yes or No in regards to heading out on the weekend. 

This is engaging with a members post, it's encouragement and not a separate post. Well within the rules (that the SLT make up as we go!!). 

On 6/14/2023 at 5:31 PM, LostPiker said:

trip planned for Saturday. Hopefully we'll get more than 10 yards off the slipway this time

Didn't make it to the slipway. Bypassed the oil level sensor and it is still reading low oil and guardian mode. Unwrapped the loom and checked the wires, cleaned all the connections and no change. Tried removing the sensor and checking it with a magnet and multimeter and it seems to work but there is a spot in the middle where the resistance goes to infinity and then reads again reconnected the sensor and held a magnet on the end so it should read as full and no change. 

Can't get any one to look at it until July so going to buy a new sensor and try again. Anyone know if you can get the software to properly read the codes for a laptop cheaply anywhere?

2 hours ago, LostPiker said:

Didn't make it to the slipway. Bypassed the oil level sensor and it is still reading low oil and guardian mode. Unwrapped the loom and checked the wires, cleaned all the connections and no change. Tried removing the sensor and checking it with a magnet and multimeter and it seems to work but there is a spot in the middle where the resistance goes to infinity and then reads again reconnected the sensor and held a magnet on the end so it should read as full and no change. 

Can't get any one to look at it until July so going to buy a new sensor and try again. Anyone know if you can get the software to properly read the codes for a laptop cheaply anywhere?

Unlucky mate. Sorry I can't help with the soft ware, these things are above me!

10 hours ago, LostPiker said:

Careful, this is a yes or no thread. Management will be onto you staying this is a boating maintenance thread. 

Back on track, yes both days.

6 hours ago, JDP said:

Careful, this is a yes or no thread. Management will be onto you staying this is a boating maintenance thread. 

Back on track, yes both days.

Not sure this sarcasm is befitting of you Jon. Maybe you should fall back in line before it's too late and you get a red flag and a reputation!! 

17 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Not sure this sarcasm is befitting of you Jon. Maybe you should fall back in line before it's too late and you get a red flag and a reputation!! 

I was simply targeting a certain species over the weekend, however I didn't get a bite. Apologies 😊

18 hours ago, JDP said:

I was simply targeting a certain species over the weekend, however I didn't get a bite. Apologies 😊

No need for apologies Jon - you did indeed get the bite that you wanted (from a member of the elite SLT). Geoff.🙂

27 minutes ago, Geoff said:

No need for apologies Jon - you did indeed get the bite that you wanted (from a member of the elite SLT). Geoff.🙂

Fall in line, reputation and red flag. All words that can be attributed to you too young man! 

Got a busy weekend of fishing coming up.

out at 3 Saturday morning to fish the Kentish knock for bass, it’s about a 70 mile round trip and then a 12 hour tope trip on Sunday on the Galloper. 
 I’ll be knackered at the end of this but hopefully worth it. 

1 hour ago, Herbs73 said:

out at 3 Saturday morning to fish the Kentish knock for bass, it’s about a 70 mile round trip and then a 12 hour tope trip on Sunday on the Galloper. 

Nice - hope the weather is good for you. Keep us posted!

1 minute ago, mick said:

I go out every day,not on boat as I haven`t got one , I just don`t like staying in.😀

Mick, I thought you had a rib on a trailer? Or am I mis-remembering?

7 hours ago, Herbs73 said:

Hoo are yoo going to the Galloper with? That’s a fair slap.