Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

2 hours ago, JonC said:

Hoo are you out with? 
I think it’s the crouch comp Sunday so there’s going to be loads of boats out although they all tend to head south towards the Kirbys. 
I’ve told them and I’m telling you, stay off my marks. 😡

Galloper with Scott Belbin, I’ll tell him (I’m sure he already knows) to stay clear of your marks. Might be a good idea if you sent me a list of your marks that way we can make sure we always avoid them ? 

Edited by Herbs73

10 minutes ago, Herbs73 said:

Galloper with Scott Belbin, I’ll tell him (I’m sure he already knows) to stay clear of your marks. Might be a good idea if you sent me a list of your marks that way we can make sure we always avoid them ? 

He gave me the wanker sign last year as I went past him🤣

He has a reputation for being paranoid about his marks I’m told. 

6 minutes ago, JonC said:

I’ve not been with him before, my mate goes with him a lot and catches a lot of big tope and bass so I’m hoping for a good trip. He doesn’t waste time feathering for mackerel like other skippers  he goes to billingsgate on the day and get fresh mackerel so we get more fishing time. 
   Probably best that I don’t log his marks on my navionics app then, could make for an awkward atmosphere. 

Edited by Herbs73

10 minutes ago, JonC said:

About ten years ago, I was fishing on my mates boat and lee bollingbrook on the Sophie lee, pulled up next to us and  insisted we move. We didn’t 

6 minutes ago, Herbs73 said:

I’ve not been with him before, my mate goes with him a lot and catches a lot of big tope and bass so I’m hoping for a good trip. He doesn’t waste time feathering for mackerel like other skippers  he goes to billingsgate on the day and get fresh mackerel so we get more fishing time. 
   Probably best that I don’t log his marks on my navionics app then, could make for an awkward atmosphere. 

We were fishing about half a mile away from him and when we packed up we went back on the same track as there are a few obstacles on the area to avoid. We were a good couple of hundred yards away and he came running out giving us shit🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, Herbs73 said:

About ten years ago, I was fishing on my mates boat and lee bollingbrook on the Sophie lee, pulled up next to us and  insisted we move. We didn’t 

Was you on his spot? 

4 minutes ago, JonC said:

We were fishing about half a mile away from him and when we packed up we went back on the same track as there are a few obstacles on the area to avoid. We were a good couple of hundred yards away and he came running out giving us shit🤣🤣

Sounds like a lovely bloke. I know it isn’t easy running a charter boat but some of these skippers think they own the sea and that privateers shouldn’t be allowed past the creek mouth bouy. I’ll post up a report on how we get on. 

Rods in rod bag (new purchase just for this competition), traces made up, rubbing leaders tied up, just a couple of things in the loft to get and the bag is packed. Just got to mince up a little chum, get the boat on the trailer tomorrow and Friday its off on adventures to the wild west. 

There's not going to be much sleep until Saturday night!

54 minutes ago, Malc said:

Rods in rod bag (new purchase just for this competition), traces made up, rubbing leaders tied up, just a couple of things in the loft to get and the bag is packed. Just got to mince up a little chum, get the boat on the trailer tomorrow and Friday its off on adventures to the wild west. 

Good luck! Fingers crossed for good weather and good results for you.

1 hour ago, Malc said:

So what is the new purchase?

Was it;,

Rods (new purchase...

Or was it;

Rods in rod bag (new purchase...

Saturday's weather is marginal for most of the smaller boats so it could be just be Sunday or fish from Port Logan Saturday and Drummore Sunday? 

4 hours ago, Malc said:

Was it;,

Rods (new purchase...

Or was it;

Rods in rod bag (new purchase...

Saturday's weather is marginal for most of the smaller boats so it could be just be Sunday or fish from Port Logan Saturday and Drummore Sunday? 

All very confusing, you really should articulate  beta 

River Crouch boat comp on Sunday, they recon they have about 50 boats attending which will probably mean 25 but it should be interesting. Format is biggest bass section and biggest hound which are all that’s realistically going to be caught in our area.