Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I'm hoping to get out Friday if work commitments allow, failing that, Saturday

Haven't been out since 9th Dec 🤞

I'm out on Thursday. Been booked in this week to do my 5 years gas resits, but got done in two days. So here fishy fishy's...

8 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I'm out on Thursday. Been booked in this week to do my 5 years gas resits, but got done in two days. So here fishy fishy's...

This post is for weekend plans, the clue is in the title. 
Rather than hijacking someone else’s post why not start a ‘Whos out this Thursday?’ Post? 

9 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Strangely enough, I just tried to register an install and all mine ran out on 12th Jan FFS

I'm now trying to book a course somewhere for next week 🤠

I was out, free dived a reef 12k offshore where water vis was around 30m. Didn't take any fishing gear or spearguns, simply relaxed among the fish, rays and sharks. What made the dive especially good was using a set of C4 S-990 Camo 25 Fins which I bought a while ago, these make moving through the water effortless. It's amazing how something you've done for quite some time can take on a new lease of life by simply using new improved equipment. Looking forward to the next weather opportunity to get out there again.

Edited by JDP

52 minutes ago, JDP said:

I was out, free dived a reef 12k offshore where water vis was around 30m. Didn't take any fishing gear or spearguns, simply relaxed among the fish, rays and sharks. What made the dive especially good was using a set of C4 S-990 Camo 25 Fins which I bought a while ago, these make moving through the water effortless. It's amazing how something you've done for quite some time can take on a new lease of life by simply using new improved equipment. Looking forward to the next weather opportunity to get out there again.

Got any photos? 

23 hours ago, JonC said:

Got any photos? 

I did get a little GoPro footage which I haven't bothered taking off the camera. One part I liked was following a wobbegong shark which was swimming in a kelp gutter with a stingray heading towards us form the other direction, the stingray gave way by swimming up over us. Also a few large schools of fish which looked ok. This is a seal colony area and was late in the day where a few great whites have been encountered there over the past two weeks. Im not sure if its just that I hadn't dived there for a while but I must admit I felt slightly uneasy at the surface, also there were heaps of bluebottle jellyfish which can be a pain when they sting your face.

I was going to go out this morning as the sea conditions were forecast to be excellent, however, due to the lack of gritting around here and lots of frozen 'run off' I binned the idea as a short section of the A381 has been the subject of a good few ice accidents in the last few days. 

However, Sunday is looking good, and I may well got out with my mate on his Offshore 25 to the distant wrecks.

I’m planning to head out Sunday, if the weather stays the same we should be able to head east out of the estuary. Hopefully there will be some Spurdogs about, my plan involves a trip to the fish market to pick up a bunch of mackerel and squid. 
Not sure what pot noodles I’ll take yet, I think there’s a couple of chicken and mushroom on board in the emergency kit. 

24 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

anyone out this weekend? 

Not me. It's Mrs135's birthday this weekend so it would be more than my life's worth to attempt a dangle.

Having said that, I'm absolutely gagging to wet a line so I might have to find an excuse for a shore sesh soon.

5 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Not me. It's Mrs135's birthday this weekend so it would be more than my life's worth to attempt a dangle.

Having said that, I'm absolutely gagging to wet a line so I might have to find an excuse for a shore sesh soon.

If only you had a boat you could nip out in eh?

15 minutes ago, JonC said:

Always welcome onboard my boat. I’ve given up inviting you, the rejection becomes hurtful 

Thanks but I'm not sure I've ever had an invite to reject though Jon 🤣