Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

I’ve invited myself out on my own boat. Not a great forecast so I’ll just stay in the river, the water temperature is still up so there may be some bass about still. I’ve got some bacon and there’s a couple of pot noodles onboard. 
I just hope I don’t get a last minute text uninviting me in the night. 

1 hour ago, JonC said:

I’ve invited myself out on my own boat. Not a great forecast so I’ll just stay in the river, the water temperature is still up so there may be some bass about still. I’ve got some bacon and there’s a couple of pot noodles onboard. 
I just hope I don’t get a last minute text uninviting me in the night. 

Stand by... just texting you now....

6 hours ago, Andy135 said:

I'm out early tomorrow with Leo. He's got somebody tagging along as a care in the community case. Should be a fun day, and at least my windows will be nice and clean afterwards.

Will be the only part of your boat that is clean. 

Yes, will be heading out this weekend. Floods have meant my trip up north from the bottom of the country to the top end has now needed to be re-routed adding an extra 1000km to the trip but its still going ahead. 
It will be 8 days of towing (4 each way) the boat and 12 days of remote island fishing. I was going to take some shark gear but have since decided to pull that gear from the tackle being taken as sharks up there can be a total pest but Im sure plenty will find us.
My daughter just returned having been in the same area for the past month, where her best day was over 100 barramundi in one day between two of them. The reef fishing was also next level.

Many of my trips have been with very windy weather up that way, so hoping this time will be better. At least the daily average of 33'c will defrost me after this cold winter we've had. Only wish JonC was coming with me but we can all dream I suppose. 

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Saw this and looks like a banging line up…. 

I mean is Jill Scott the singer or footballer? Looks a hell of a day out 😉 

22207AD8-58C6-4BD1-9F4A-B572F3190D4E.jpeg

@mike farrantsmust have pulled some heavy strings to get those names onboard. imagine actually meeting the Dulux dog ! 

Milwaukee Superbike??

Contradiction in terms right there.......

Milwaukee, home of Hardly Driveables and dubious quality power tools....

That line up is about as enticing as an invite to a vaseline party from Stephen Fry at a Brighton hotel during pride week to a 100% heterosexual guy

58 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Milwaukee Superbike??

Contradiction in terms right there.......

Milwaukee, home of Hardly Driveables and dubious quality power tools....

That line up is about as enticing as an invite to a vaseline party from Stephen Fry at a Brighton hotel during pride week to a 100% heterosexual guy

You're going then Steve? 

• 3 weeks later...

A few more yellowfin have turned up close to shore, so I should be out if the weather is good.

Weekend just gone was good on small bluefin, Spanish mackerel, trevaly, groupers, it's and various sharks on light tackle. Will post a few images when I get them off my camera.  Best from the shore was a shark around 60kg on a 3.5ft kids rod and 4000 spin reel. Best from the boat was a 2.4m shovelnose shark on a light Bone travel rod and a 4000 spin reel again.

7 hours ago, JDP said:

A few more yellowfin have turned up close to shore, so I should be out if the weather is good.

Weekend just gone was good on small bluefin, Spanish mackerel, trevaly, groupers, it's and various sharks on light tackle. Will post a few images when I get them off my camera.  Best from the shore was a shark around 60kg on a 3.5ft kids rod and 4000 spin reel. Best from the boat was a 2.4m shovelnose shark on a light Bone travel rod and a 4000 spin reel again.

Hope you are going to write a separate detailed report for this lot Jon??