Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

I have just got the boat ready for tomorrow.

It is a big spring tide and sea state is difficult to call, it is either going to be 0.3m @ 6secs, which will be good for some wreck fishing, or it could be 0.7m @ 3 secs, which means that I will probably stay local for some Mackerel fishing.

Currently, I am nursing another self-inflicted UTI (don't ask), but nowhere near as bad as the last bad boy that had me on antibiotics for 9 weeks. If the sea is less than flat, I will stay inshore to avoid shaking up the bugs 🙄

Just now, Andy135 said:

Oh, come on! You seriously expect this lot not to ask? Or even to jump to smutty conclusions?? 😉🤣

The real bad boy was caused by tip tasting very old water, to see if it was fresh (ha,ha,) or salty.

This time I held a wet rope from the boat cover between my teeth whilst I tightened the lacing down.

I must learn to keep things out of my mouth, especially if they are wet and green 🙄🤣

Immunosuppressed is exactly what it says on the tin 🙄

23 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I have just got the boat ready for tomorrow.

It is a big spring tide and sea state is difficult to call, it is either going to be 0.3m @ 6secs, which will be good for some wreck fishing, or it could be 0.7m @ 3 secs, which means that I will probably stay local for some Mackerel fishing.

Currently, I am nursing another self-inflicted UTI (don't ask), but nowhere near as bad as the last bad boy that had me on antibiotics for 9 weeks. If the sea is less than flat, I will stay inshore to avoid shaking up the bugs 🙄

Well, I called it off this morning at 7am as the live wave buoy data was not encouraging, 0.8m @2.3secs, with no sign of improvement.

Although I could easily travel in that sea, drifting would be a whole different ball game.

my mate went out at 9am but came back after just 2 miles, the sea was limiting his speed to just 10knts.

23 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Well, I called it off this morning at 7am as the live wave buoy data was not encouraging, 0.8m @2.3secs, with no sign of improvement.

Although I could easily travel in that sea, drifting would be a whole different ball game.

my mate went out at 9am but came back after just 2 miles, the sea was limiting his speed to just 10knts.

The weather your friend went out in would do wonders for @mike farrants

i got let down by the weather this weekend - but the other way round - forecast was to blow 15mph straight into the bay from lunchtime  - but it didn't materialise until 4pm - i was on the pier catching nothing looking at a lovely flat sea....... 

2 hours ago, suzook12 said:

As expected, 30mph winds put paid to yesterday. Still, got some other stuff done and the lad made his first tool on the lathe...

Good regarding your Lad working with his hands, how’s about putting in charge of power handle fabrication?🤣

55 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

I've got him on making piri piri chicken pot noodles at the moment 😉

Just now, JonC said:

That’s a very good course to set him on. 

I knew that you were likely to approve Jon, but I suspect those noodles will prove to be just as rare as those power handles. Geoff.😉

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Andy135 said:

I got uninvited today from a trip on the weekend. To be fair I invited myself onto the trip in the first place so that's karma I suppose.

Without pictures this is just another unsubstantiated claim.