Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

1 hour ago, mike farrants said:

Weymouth boat angling comp round 3 on sunday - i missed round 2, so this is our 2nd stab at it = lets hope we do better - 1st rounds was a huge learning curve -

we've been out practicing tactics!

I love tictacs, orange is best!

Had decided not to head out in the boat because of the forecast, so made plans today take some kid’s caving, however the weather changed claiming heavy rain. Given there are four deep water river crossings we pulled the pin on that too. 

Ended up taking the youngsters out for a shore snorkel to show them how to catch lobsters by hand.

D8750BB3-83D8-4BDB-A795-449B8D3DDF9C.thumb.jpeg.8aac74d43a20a1f5489afc135f16de3c.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Lots of blues, flat seas sunshine snd a massive e amount of rope that went round my prop while on the drift…. Easy untangle so brought it home 

And the worlds smallest photos 🤣

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Lots of blues, flat seas sunshine snd a massive e amount of rope that went round my prop while on the drift…. Easy untangle so brought it home 

B8D28476-3446-48FF-BC62-73564A97A9E8.jpeg

E899CB6C-ED2E-4670-9889-DC74D355E3B7.jpeg

Lucky it wasn't while underway. Great level horizon.

Edited by JDP

• 2 weeks later...

Not me or any of my club this weekend, another trip cancelled out of Dale this Saturday......poxy wind

I don't really mind as I have a party this Friday and a wedding on Saturday so wasn't going anyway

A few of the lads in the club are off to Norway on Monday, I think for 10 days

I shall post some of their pics when I get sent them

1 hour ago, jonnyswamp said:

Not me or any of my club this weekend, another trip cancelled out of Dale this Saturday......poxy wind

I don't really mind as I have a party this Friday and a wedding on Saturday so wasn't going anyway

A few of the lads in the club are off to Norway on Monday, I think for 10 days

I shall post some of their pics when I get sent them

How did the operation go? 

(you did have another op right?)

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

How did the operation go? 

(you did have another op right?)

Yes I did a couple of weeks ago

The finger is still attached to my hand and hasn't gone black, so that's a plus at the moment

But it's numb, as is most of my little finger next to it

Skin graft is ok according to the doctor I saw yesterday (looks a bit shit to me) so just a matter of waiting for it to heal properly

I don't think I did myself any favours going fishing and getting the dressing wet/covered in fish baits the week after it was done TBH

2 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Yes I did a couple of weeks ago

The finger is still attached to my hand and hasn't gone black, so that's a plus at the moment

But it's numb, as is most of my little finger next to it

Skin graft is ok according to the doctor I saw yesterday (looks a bit shit to me) so just a matter of waiting for it to heal properly

I don't think I did myself any favours going fishing and getting the dressing wet/covered in fish baits the week after it was done TBH

You know the site rules Nick...... no pics, it never happened!!

25 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

2022-08-18_08-00-23

For the avoidance of doubt I gave you a like for posting the pic, not a like for the discomfort you must be in! Hope you have a smooth recovery and they don't end up chopping another one off... 😶

Ouch! Hope it's a quick and good recovery for you. 

I don't know why photos like that make me feel a bit funny, I've seen loads of dead bodies and smashed up body parts (ex firefighter) but these pics give me the ick. 

Camping this weekend. Then maybe out reefing Tuesday. 

Time to fill the freezer ready for chum for next season and to finish off this season 🙂 

Susoect I maybe crewing more than fishing over next few months but I’ll try and squeeze a few sessions in 🙂