Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

28 minutes ago, Ivan Tuna said:

My mates are in the Shetlandโ€™s this weekend. 100+Cod today biggest only 27lbs. Canโ€™t wait till next monthโ€ฆ

D0B625AF-160A-4DCE-8DE6-640F1AF5C3F5.jpeg

Flippin' eck! That's a session worth getting of bed for. Top dangling that - kudos to your mates, they're on fire!

That's probably about 10 years worth of catches for me... think pout instead of cod, naturally ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฃ

22 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

We were looking forward to a trip up to Essex to fish on Janie, but after the invite @JonCย uninvited the SLT. So, Leo and I are off to Lymington this morning to see what we can catch!

After the shock of the uninvite I've decided to give up sea fishing. Today I'm out fly-fishing instead.

Been out on the river today to give the tohatsu a shake down run. Couple of minor issues to sort but overall happy with how it went.

Now I know it works, will give it a full service and impellor kit then get the old mariner sold.

Nice to be out, met a guy with a brand new Terhi 440, nice looking little boat too

Oh well, going out on my mates (Alan) offshore 25 tomorrow. Our intention is to fish the wrecks that are 40 - 55 miles out due SE. It will be a long day, 7 to 7.

Could be a good day, or could be a less than average day. This time of the year it is all or nothing. I will be 99% SPJ for the day.

Cant do live reporting as we will be out of GSM coverage for most of the day.

5 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Oh well, going out on my mates (Alan) offshore 25 tomorrow. Our intention is to fish the wrecks that are 40 - 55 miles out due SE. It will be a long day, 7 to 7.

Could be a good day, or could be a less than average day. This time of the year it is all or nothing. I will be 99% SPJ for the day.

Cant do live reporting as we will be out of GSM coverage for most of the day.

Will look forward to that report then. Be good to see how the pensioner can handle a 12hr jigging sesh.ย 
I'm land locked all weekend with the new dog who arriving in 25 mins. ๐Ÿคฃ

31 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Will look forward to that report then. Be good to see how the pensioner can handle a 12hr jigging sesh.ย 
ย ๐Ÿคฃ

๐Ÿ–•

I suspect I will also get press ganged to do helming duties for part of the day, but it will nice to concentrate on the fishing.

My tackle box weighed 60kg when I took it off the boat an hour ago, it now weighs 77kg, as I will need a good supply of 200g jigs.

Iโ€™m going to stick my nose out in the morning for a couple of hours, hopefully the big tides will push a few fish into the river.ย 
Iโ€™ve been down tonight and run the engine up as I still have the cold starting issues and to put some garminge update ย on which has changed the whole setup which Iโ€™ve just got used to.ย 
I donโ€™t have the disdain for the wafi community as acutely as some, but I can see why- a bloke on a large sailing yacht came over and asked me to shut my engine down as the smoke was going in his windows ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

15 minutes ago, JonC said:

- a bloke on a large sailing yacht came over and asked me to shut my engine down as the smoke was going in his windows ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Which part of โ€˜feck offโ€™ did you to need to explain to him ๐Ÿ™„

2 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Which part of โ€˜feck offโ€™ did you to need to explain to him ๐Ÿ™„

I was a bit surprised to be honest, I get a nice set of smoke signals when I fire up but when running itโ€™s negligible.I told him I would when ย I finished left it another half hour or so.ย 

3 minutes ago, JonC said:

Iโ€™m picking my wife up from the marina bar later, so I will have to double check it at about midnight, and Iโ€™m going out about 5 tomorrow morning ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ–•

You'll probably need to have it on tick over for 20 mins before you slip the mooring.ย 

8 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

You'll probably need to have it on tick over for 20 mins before you slip the mooring.ย 

Itโ€™s recommended to let the engine warm up before opening the throttleย 

44 minutes ago, JonC said:

Iโ€™m going to stick my nose out in the morning for a couple of hours, hopefully the big tides will push a few fish into the river.ย 
Iโ€™ve been down tonight and run the engine up as I still have the cold starting issues and to put some garminge update ย on which has changed the whole setup which Iโ€™ve just got used to.ย 
I donโ€™t have the disdain for the wafi community as acutely as some, but I can see why- a bloke on a large sailing yacht came over and asked me to shut my engine down as the smoke was going in his windows ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ What a tool! What sort of person feels entitled enough to ask a stranger to stop what they're doing just to please oneself?!? ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ