Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

Frigin bulged disk has popped out again, not sure how the weekend fish will go or the midweek stuff. Its funny though as I consider getting the boat on the water and the species I target offshore far less work than hooking something off the beach. When you've had a bad back you soon realise how hard fighting fish with long beach rods is!!!!

20 minutes ago, JonC said:

Now that you’re feeling better it would be a good time to clear all that stuff on your desk and maybe a nice walk in the fresh air. About as far as the post office would be a good starter. Don’t over do it carrying stuff though, get yourself one of those tartan granny trolleys to save straining yourself. 

You must run a cheap business ...............

The postie collects my mail and parcels every afternoon at 2:30pm

5 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

IIRC @jonnyswamp went wrecking out of Dartmouth on Monday ................ what did you catch and how far out did you need to go ?

Out of brixham and we did around 90 miles all told

Only around 15 Pollock between the 10 of us  some nice whiting came up over slack that fell to baited feathers/muppets

21 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Out of brixham and we did around 90 miles all told

Only around 15 Pollock between the 10 of us  some nice whiting came up over slack that fell to baited feathers/muppets

Kin'ell, that is poor.

Obviously, I didn't miss much by not going out on Monday !

March can be a very strange time of the year when wrecking ........... we call it 'the all or nothing month'

I am getting a few reports of Cod showing on some of the 15 mile wrecks, fish to 15lb, but not in any numbers.

Also, the Plaice are showing on the Skerries.

No fishing for me for the foreseeable either, daughter no2 has bought a house and has decided the layout of the rooms upstairs need altering

Been knocking down black ash blockwork and coming home looking like Al Johnson

Busy in work for the next couple of weeks, so no mooching off to go fishing midweek either by the looks

Never mind, once she's gone there's just one left to go, but she's dug in like an Alabama tick and unlikely to be flying the nest anytime soon

No fishing for me either this weekend as I'll be mostly ripping out moth-eaten carpets, repainting walls and throwing out a knackered gas barbecue that the previous owners "forgot" to take with them...

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

A fine way to spend Mother's Day! 

The point is, I'm at home, not dangling for dogfish with "internet friends", according to my wife.

Got to score points where I can 🤣

16 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Very envious @Malc and @Saintly Fish. This weekend I will mostly be redecorating... 😖

Been doing that through the week so I have a free pass 😁

14 hours ago, Andy135 said:

What do you have planned? Species?

It is usually a quiet time from the end of February to May so not many codling about but what are about are usually feasting on sprats and herring and any pollock will either be spawning or ready to so I won't target them. I will try for herring and might see if there is an early plaice about. If I do then it will probably mean I am going to get lots of whiting 😅

Managed a tiny dab but couldn't connect with any bites as I suspect they were tiny and I was just lucky with the first one. 

Got bored so I peddled another mile out and got a 4lb codling that was a bit thin on the first drop and eventually another slightly smaller. I also think that there was an octopus grabbing my lure for a minute or so, just a heavy pull then as I wound into it the lure was let go and it happened several times. 

Stunning sunny day and negligible swell, lots of 3 inch sandeel in the shallows and a few baitfish shoals about. Hope the summer has plenty of calm days like that!

EDIT! All fish returned!

Edited by Malc