Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

19 hours ago, mike farrants said:

not out this weekend and my wrecking trip on the 18th looks in doubt too

If your wrecking trip is off why not jump in with us on Ocean Runner? 
I mean the Feb trip not your bday weekend. Or you could be a proper ledge and do both!! (Like me).💪🏻

50 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I’m going surfing…. 

Nice big swell to get a few sheltered secret spots going so should be fun 🙂 

me too - might hit my local......

image.png.4dfdcd2b4fff33b27dc1a4e6ad672aae.png

kind of glad im working friday......

sunday might be good - it'll be too blown out here on saturday. 

and forget kimmeridge........

image.png.8c75898020bb75815e9a8a5fce4e82a2.png

On 2/18/2022 at 12:51 PM, GPSguru said:

Perhaps the understatement of the year ! 🤣

Was a tad breezy when inch’s Jed my boat, think sideways hail….. 😧😧😧

Quick run offshore again today, within 30 mins of leaving harbour had a double hookup on striped marlin again ( first two baits in the water). Unfortunately one managed to get the circle hook into its gut so we ended up having to kill it and head straight back home with it to get it on ice. Left my daughter out there with her boat who was extremely exited having caught and released a tiger shark which are not common this far south. She had also tagged a few other sharks that didn't manage to bite through her mono marlin traces, not sure how she finished up yet.

We've kept three marlin over the last three weeks which are surprisingly good to eat but would much rather release them. Todays fish was a small one of around 80kg which I passed my rod over to a youngster on his 13th birthday to land. Conditions were not the greatest for pic's due to cloud and rain but I will sort a few pic's when I down the pics onto my main computer. Hooked a marlin and bronzy in 12m of water last trip out that both took kingfish we were trying to land on light tackle!!!!!

Oh almost forgot, my daughter pulled 7kgs of prawns from the lake across the road from our house two nights ago, Im sick of eating prawns!!!

Edited by JDP

41 minutes ago, JDP said:

Quick run offshore again today, within 30 mins of leaving harbour had a double hookup on striped marlin again ( first two baits in the water). Unfortunately one managed to get the circle hook into its gut so we ended up having to kill it and head straight back home with it to get it on ice. Left my daughter out there with her boat who was extremely exited having caught and released a tiger shark which are not common this far south. She had also tagged a few other sharks that didn't manage to bite through her mono marlin traces, not sure how she finished up yet.

We've kept three marlin over the last three weeks which are surprisingly good to eat but would much rather release them. Todays fish was a small one of around 80kg which I passed my rod over to a youngster on his 13th birthday to land. Conditions were not the greatest for pic's due to cloud and rain but I will sort a few pic's when I down the pics onto my main computer. Hooked a marlin and bronzy in 12m of water last trip out that both took kingfish we were trying to land on light tackle!!!!!

Oh almost forgot, my daughter pulled 7kgs of prawns from the lake across the road from our house two nights ago, Im sick of eating prawns!!!

Got any photos of the prawns? 

6 minutes ago, JonC said:

Got any photos of the prawns? 

No but they look just like the 10kg haul she caught before this one, a prawn is a prawn, unless they are those alien ones they get in South Africa (District 9).

Edited by JDP