Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

4 hours ago, thejollysinker said:

no hiding from you is there 🀣

πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ€£

I just happened to drive along to polly steps to meet Bro in law who wanted a hand to load his tender onto the roof of his car.Β 

Looking forward to reading your report πŸ‘

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Malc said:

Yeah lures here too, unless the water is dirty and then it's baited muppets

Baiting muppets? That’s good fun on Internet forums πŸ˜‰Β 

On a serious note, I’m hoping to be out of Oban on Saturday 🎣🎣😁😁

Just now, Odyssey said:

Baiting muppets? That’s good fun on Internet forums πŸ˜‰Β 

Sport of champions! 🀣

1 minute ago, Odyssey said:

On a serious note, I’m hoping to be out of Oban on Saturday 🎣🎣😁😁

Skate?

don't want to jinx the weather.....Β 

Mrs is on a hen do with the ladies football club on sunday and its starting here at home with pre drinks - so im deffo going fishing on sunday - just depends on the weather where.

if its nice its back over to Lulworth for the bream on tim's boat seadog, maybe the Adamant bank in the PM if the bream get boring!

if its not so nice i'll be off the shore - either portland rocks for wrasse/pollock with my new kanji set up or chesil for plaice to try out my new Abu 6000 reel!

so either way i'll be fishing!

very true - there was a cracking Quicksilver 640 for sale recently in portland, and one in bridport - i didn't have the money at the time - but would have snapped it up if it was for sale now!

don't worry - i'll act when it feels right!Β 

2 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

very true - there was a cracking Quicksilver 640 for sale recently in portland, and one in bridport - i didn't have the money at the time - but would have snapped it up if it was for sale now!

And rest assured we will all help you spend !! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

3 hours ago, mike farrants said:

I thought we all agreed that it was a team decisionΒ 

I'll be out from Calshot Sunday. Weather is supposed to be flat calm so planning to venture out to the No Mans Land fort and maybe Nab. Just order some rag and lug from Solent baits, any tips to keep them alive until Sunday? An hour from the sea so can't get a bucket of sea water

i keep ragworm in the fridge, wrapped in dry newspaper, and inspect & change the paper regularly (once a day), so it doesnt get or stay wet and i remove any dead or manky worms.

i can keep good worm alive for a good few day like that! all depends on the quality of worm.Β 

one local shop will stay alive a week - another they're practically dead when you buy them!

2 hours ago, LostPiker said:

I'll be out from Calshot Sunday. Weather is supposed to be flat calm so planning to venture out to the No Mans Land fort and maybe Nab. Just order some rag and lug from Solent baits, any tips to keep them alive until Sunday? An hour from the sea so can't get a bucket of sea water

If you're off to the Nab, surely there are better places further east to launch than Calshot?? You'll be burning a hell of a lot of fuel just to clear Lee on Solent etc!!Β 

42 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

If you're off to the Nab, surely there are better places further east to launch than Calshot?? You'll be burning a hell of a lot of fuel just to clear Lee on Solent etc!!Β 

Probably. However tides mean it will be just a couple of hours after low tide when we launch and retrieve. Not confident in any of the slips that way that are suitable when it's that low. Northney Marina has been recommended to me but it's only a little closerΒ 

2 hours ago, LostPiker said:

Probably. However tides mean it will be just a couple of hours after low tide when we launch and retrieve. Not confident in any of the slips that way that are suitable when it's that low. Northney Marina has been recommended to me but it's only a little closerΒ 

Would this site help??

Β 

https://www.gosport.gov.uk/article/1328/Public-Slipways