Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

Not going to be happening here. Had a look at getting out today with just 5kts of wind but the swell was pushing constant sets with virtually no gaps to sneak out through. Forecast is set to get 4x this for the weekend, which should be interesting 🤨 

6AF9BCAB-A076-49C7-ABCC-5645A4B9E820.jpeg.2971bd9c8c8f8256774dd6f039473ae2.jpeg889E8F34-F216-47F9-B09D-AA2E7B3F79EE.jpeg.19ea2fee82dd8a7b01fae019a5b89007.jpegE5B0057B-1E9D-462D-A71C-E56D6E7BCAA1.jpeg.da957e4b99ad11ad9aeb21640c093812.jpeg8A7F8EE0-858C-485A-B7C0-42EC8765786F.jpeg.6336bb16495356327c7352af42c37eaf.jpeg973D9270-F856-4D70-BC7A-D51FC73ADDA8.jpeg.2ceb9c7181dafdfc16409d2014d62dbc.jpegB1D82553-9753-4DC5-AC57-5828CD516E26.jpeg.afceb8605c276685582488e3533709a2.jpegBC1A4E1C-2094-4C1B-965F-E7BF53A9B3FF.jpeg.4fb7bd7655dbacca26730798feec26b9.jpegAA1E0465-E312-4B6C-A33F-97B542981B5F.jpeg.2f49e2aacab034c2c4ca01b92a17e683.jpeg

3.5m swell out west here, it’s dropping fast so I’m out tomorrow, hoping to head all the way west 🙂 

Nesrly time to dust the rods off again after a winter off…. 

On 3/5/2022 at 1:35 AM, Odyssey said:

3.5m swell out west here, it’s dropping fast so I’m out tomorrow, hoping to head all the way west 🙂 

Nesrly time to dust the rods off again after a winter off…. 

Any pic's ? how is the 3m sea measured  in your area. This is under 2m swell with aprox 1m wind wave measured by the floating wave height buoys out at sea. Are yours measured the same way. When I was in the UK and surfing we would of called these waves 3m, when I moved over here I got a shock what true 3m waves are!!!

Edited by JDP

9 hours ago, JDP said:

Any pic's ? how is the 3m sea measured  in your area. This is under 2m swell with aprox 1m wind wave measured by the floating wave height buoys out at sea. Are yours measured the same way. When I was in the UK and surfing we would of called these waves 3m, when I moved over here I got a shock what true 3m waves are!!!

Jon don’t worry, nobody is trying to have bigger waves than you, your waves are obviously going to be bigger and better 🤣

10 hours ago, JDP said:

3.5m on the wave bouy. Yesterday was 1-1.5m so an easy run. Did get some cross wind chop for 30 miles but the other 70 was ok 🙂 

Strong offshores blown main swell out today and massive tides mean surf is crap sadly 

1 hour ago, JonC said:

Jon don’t worry, nobody is trying to have bigger waves than you, your waves are obviously going to be bigger and better 🤣

Just like the fish/bears etc. Geoff.:classic_wink:

2 hours ago, JonC said:

Not worried, you get some very big sea's MrC, just curious as to where the measurements come from as it was always more an opinion back when I boated and less from the accurate measuring stations. 

53 minutes ago, JDP said:

Not worried, you get some very big sea's MrC, just curious as to where the measurements come from as it was always more an opinion back when I boated and less from the accurate measuring stations. 

I’m sure Luke has a tape measure on board. 

Just now, GPSguru said:

I certainly would have gone out today, but have had to go for a blood test, that was quite important.

However, after 5 weeks of antibiotics I have shaken off the UTI 👍.

Much of the problem was down to the immuno drugs working way too well and pushed my white blood count too low to be of any use in fighting off anything, but when the doc and consultant got together, it is now hopefully sorted. 

Bring on the flat seas and calm weather.

That really is excellent news Ian! Very glad to hear. Fingers crossed that this is now the end of it for you, and the beginning of a long, calm summer of fishing 👍

Great news Ian 🙂 Hopefully if you’re fishing you won’t have as much time to drag up anti-Welsh jokes 🤨😃🤣

Hoping to be out on weekend…. On a charter…. Will be strange having someone drive 🤣🤣🤣 Just hope the forecast improves. 

50 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Great news Ian 🙂 Hopefully if you’re fishing you won’t have as much time to drag up anti-Welsh jokes 🤨😃🤣

🤣🤣🤣

It is a pity we don't have more Cornish inbreds on here, they are always a good target from Devon folk ! 🤣

On 3/14/2022 at 2:54 PM, GPSguru said:

I certainly would have gone out today, but have had to go for a blood test, that was quite important.

However, after 5 weeks of antibiotics I have shaken off the UTI 👍.

Much of the problem was down to the immuno drugs working way too well and pushed my white blood count too low to be of any use in fighting off anything, but when the doc and consultant got together, it is now hopefully sorted. 

Bring on the flat seas and calm weather.

Now that you’re feeling better it would be a good time to clear all that stuff on your desk and maybe a nice walk in the fresh air. About as far as the post office would be a good starter. Don’t over do it carrying stuff though, get yourself one of those tartan granny trolleys to save straining yourself.