Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

3 hours ago, Malc said:

Managed a tiny dab but couldn't connect with any bites as I suspect they were tiny and I was just lucky with the first one. 

Got bored so I peddled another mile out and got a 4lb codling that was a bit thin on the first drop and eventually another slightly smaller. I also think that there was an octopus grabbing my lure for a minute or so, just a heavy pull then as I wound into it the lure was let go and it happened several times. 

Stunning sunny day and negligible swell, lots of 3 inch sandeel in the shallows and a few baitfish shoals about. Hope the summer has plenty of calm days like that!

That sounds like a great day to be on the water, and a few fish to boot!

Good work 👍

On 3/16/2022 at 10:04 PM, GPSguru said:

Spoke too bloody soon, one week later and back again ....... FFS

Ok, after 7 weeks of antibiotics I have shaken off the UTI, but ….. on the last day of antibiotics, I have tested positive for COVID. Into day 3 now but not too bad so far. 

4 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Ok, after 7 weeks of antibiotics I have shaken off the UTI, but ….. on the last day of antibiotics, I have tested positive for COVID. Into day 3 now but not too bad so far. 

Aww, crap! Fingers crossed it's just a mild case for you. 🤞🤞

Just now, Andy135 said:

Aww, crap! Fingers crossed it's just a mild case for you. 🤞🤞

Daughter is a nurse, and she called in for less than 5 mins to pick up the grandkids on the day before she tested positive. I tested Positive 3 days later, touch wood, the wife is still ok though.

1 hour ago, GPSguru said:

You have turned yourself fully int Dort Cotton of late.

1 hour ago, GPSguru said:

Daughter is a nurse, and she called in for less than 5 mins to pick up the grandkids on the day before she tested positive. I tested Positive 3 days later, touch wood, the wife is still ok though.

Jeez mate..... Hope you're well and get out soon. Tho no doubt your catch reports will soon piss the rest of us off and wishing you were stuck indoors!!! 🤣

17 minutes ago, JonC said:

You have turned yourself fully int Dort Cotton of late.

Being immunosuppressed is exactly what it says on the tin !

I didn't give it much thought at first, but now it has sunk in !

I remember the consultant saying the ulcerative colitis could never kill me, but the drugs inadvertently could.

However, to be free of the colitis is worth all these other issues.

The UTI was self-inflicted due to stupidity, and COVID is now a fact of life

2 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Being immunosuppressed is exactly what it says on the tin !

I didn't give it much thought at first, but now it has sunk in !

I remember the consultant saying the ulcerative colitis could never kill me, but the drugs inadvertently could.

However, to be free of the colitis is worth all these other issues.

The UTI was self-inflicted due to stupidity, and COVID is now a fact of life

On the stupidity bit 🤣

4 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Kinell, if it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all 😲

1 hour ago, mike farrants said:

dont want to jinx it - but its looking good for both days this weekend - sub 10mph and dropping all day off the land.....

cold and huge tides though

fingers crossed

Seriously?? What forecast are you looking at then Mike? No way I'd be out this weekend! 😬

eJau1rT.jpg

16 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

i think you need to refresh windy andy! looks like last weeks weather!

It's actually next week's 😉

#photoshopspecialforApril1st

On 4/3/2022 at 3:57 AM, JDP said:

No wind but still to much swell to cross the bar today. Best leave it to the surfers.

AC9C8740-F6F2-4A2B-B09A-81CB03922580.thumb.jpeg.490387d49cafef86656254df91fe643c.jpeg

0E794C9A-6DE3-4368-9880-3BC34BEE9570.thumb.jpeg.01feca48c8bd05c122ff1dfd2e329061.jpeg

Not good for boats but a nice swell… closing out a bit but still fun to be had 🌊🏄‍♀️

Have a wreck trip booked on "Spot on" out of Brixham this Sat, small tides but may be a tad too blowwy

If the weather plays ball, I shall be slow pitch jigging my little arse off

Will also be taking some bait as the last trip produced some very good Whiting on baited muppets/feathers

54 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Have a wreck trip booked on "Spot on" out of Brixham this Sat, small tides but may be a tad too blowwy

If the weather plays ball, I shall be slow pitch jigging my little arse off

Will also be taking some bait as the last trip produced some very good Whiting on baited muppets/feathers

Saturdays are northerly turning westerly. Will this not be a good direction for that area as it is here in the Solent?