Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

Looking good for Saturday this week and hopefully next Sunday on my friends' boat.

Tried to get out on the kayak last week but I have been having problems with my thumb joint so bottled it. Hopefully the codling are still about and the mackerel will like the settling weather too, Mmmmmm smoked mackerel !

I might go out with Kyle for a couple of hours in the morning. I think the inshore wrecks are still netted, so maybe we will try for mackerel or visit some rough ground.

wreck netting seriously annoys me, utter greed for the bass ☹️, even the line caught commercials are peed off with it.

25 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I might go out with Kyle for a couple of hours in the morning. I think the inshore wrecks are still netted, so maybe we will try for mackerel or visit some rough ground.

wreck netting seriously annoys me, utter greed for the bass ☹️, even the line caught commercials are peed off with it.

Why does nobody cut the nets up then.? They'll soon get the message! 

• 2 weeks later...

I was supposed to be out of Dale on Saturday, skipper pulled the plug Thursday night 

Out of 7 club trips this year, all but one was cancelled

We did get a few week days as fillers on other boats though, so not a complete disaster

Having another hand op on Saturday and am booked to go to Weymouth the following week for 2 days on Offshore Rebel

I'm hedging my bets at the moment, If I can go, I will

Weather looking good in wales and I’ve got Monday off work. I’ve already been told my Emma that we are on boat… with hints she wants to go sharking… 

Hopefully a trip offshore another inshore on the reefs or tope and maybe a day drinking a cold beer in the sunshine somewhere nice 🙂 

47 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Weather looking good in wales and I’ve got Monday off work. I’ve already been told my Emma that we are on boat… with hints she wants to go sharking… 

Hopefully a trip offshore another inshore on the reefs or tope and maybe a day drinking a cold beer in the sunshine somewhere nice 🙂 

Hopefully the forecast holds!! 

9 hours ago, JDP said:

Swell looking to be over 4m but wave height is small, I’m thinking it will be a no go so might head to the mountains and take some kids caving for the first time.

F6FDD6D2-02B3-4610-9D51-3A2F35BA3CC8.jpeg

Rather you than me thanks. Spelunking just isn't my bag. Cold, dark, wet, tight spaces with no natural light... what's not to dislike?? 😬

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Rather you than me thanks. Spelunking just isn't my bag. Cold, dark, wet, tight spaces with no natural light... what's not to dislike?? 😬

Sounds like my office at work… add in grumpy colleagues…

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Only a few tight squeezes, mostly very large and specular chambers. Lots of micro bats.