Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

First aid training for me…. That’ll be a fun day out 😐

I guess that I’d best not say suggest that the best way to deal with cuts/bleeds is to use the blood for shark chum… may cost me a few marks 🙄🙄🙄

Edited by Odyssey

4 hours ago, Odyssey said:

First aid training for me…. That’ll be a fun day out 😐

I guess that I’d best not say suggest that the best way to deal with cuts/bleeds is to use the blood for shark chum… may cost me a few marks 🙄🙄🙄

Is it an RYA first aid course?

42 minutes ago, JonC said:

I’ve actually been invited out fishing on Saturday, albeit on my own boat but an invite is an invite. Hopefully we should get outside to have a go at the big 3 meter cod. 

If anyone can get uninvited from their own boat it'll be you Jon.

The weather is monumental shite here for boat fishing, and next week doesn't look too great either, however, I will be away at the weekend fishing the private part of the estuary again for the last remnants of the current Bass season, but I do expect a fair few schoolies to maybe 3 0r 4lb. It could be that the Bass have legged it and the flounders have moved in, but as it is still mild, that is pretty unlikely.

4lb of rag to collect on Friday ......

Hopefully when the weather does settle, it will be for an extended period, I just have a feeling that there is winter Cod on the wrecks.

1 hour ago, GPSguru said:

The weather is monumental shite here for boat fishing, and next week doesn't look too great either, however, I will be away at the weekend fishing the private part of the estuary again for the last remnants of the current Bass season, but I do expect a fair few schoolies to maybe 3 0r 4lb. It could be that the Bass have legged it and the flounders have moved in, but as it is still mild, that is pretty unlikely.

4lb of rag to collect on Friday ......

Hopefully when the weather does settle, it will be for an extended period, I just have a feeling that there is winter Cod on the wrecks.

You've had good results from that spot in previous years. Tight lines for this time round - should be a good chance to take a break and relax for you all after the year you've had 👍.

we were hoping to get out tomorrow as the forecast was fair at the beginning of the week - but 15mph SE is straight into the bay and borderline - so will see how it looks later. 

Sunday looks better but  i'm off to see the other half play in the first round of the Womens FA CUP - Weymouth ladies have performed very well in the early rounds beating opposition in leagues above them - now they face Keynsham at home (Bob Lucas stadium) on saturday - and make history for the club - i'm so proud i'm giving up a days fishing to go along. i know sport isn't everyone's cup of tea, but its a very special moment for her!

48 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

we were hoping to get out tomorrow as the forecast was fair at the beginning of the week - but 15mph SE is straight into the bay and borderline - so will see how it looks later. 

Sunday looks better but  i'm off to see the other half play in the first round of the Womens FA CUP - Weymouth ladies have performed very well in the early rounds beating opposition in leagues above them - now they face Keynsham at home (Bob Lucas stadium) on saturday - and make history for the club - i'm so proud i'm giving up a days fishing to go along. i know sport isn't everyone's cup of tea, but its a very special moment for her!

Well done to the better half 🙂 Sounds like quite an achievement and win or lose a good excuse for a few beers 🙂 

55 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

I`m not a football person, but best of luck.

On 11/11/2022 at 9:58 PM, Odyssey said:

Tight lines, id stay in off Cardiff on the banks or foreshore, been some nice cod off there recently 

Tried Newport deeps (dogs, rays and a few biggish (25lb +) congers)

Back to Foreshore on ebb and it was shite

The cod comp is supposed to be this Sunday, but forecast not looking good

I have ordered my bait and will have pay for it whether I go or not, so will probly go out Saturday depending on what forecast says tomorrow

2 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Tried Newport deeps (dogs, rays and a few biggish (25lb +) congers)

Back to Foreshore on ebb and it was shite

The cod comp is supposed to be this Sunday, but forecast not looking good

I have ordered my bait and will have pay for it whether I go or not, so will probly go out Saturday depending on what forecast says tomorrow

Should be cancelled, weather is crap and they have a reserve date….

39 minutes ago, JDP said:

Currently hitting 60kh here. One boat tried heading out through the bar crossing yesterday which ended up with three people needing rescuing from the water, haven't heard the full story yet on that one. 

We have just had 8 weeks of poo weather, even the nice sunny days had a strong East wind which kicks up the sea, so I was glad to get out fishing yesterday .......

21 hours ago, GPSguru said:

We have just had 8 weeks of poo weather, even the nice sunny days had a strong East wind which kicks up the sea, so I was glad to get out fishing yesterday .......

I have both my 4x4 and the boat for sale and to be honest questioning if I should even bother with another. Only put 50hrs on mine over the past 12 months, seem to always be on other peoples boats these days.

8 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

anyone out this weekend then?

Not for me, sadly. We're dogsitting a rather large golden retriever this weekend so my time will be occupied ensuring she doesn't cause any havoc.