Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

6 hours ago, Malc said:

Possibly on Monday if I can shake off this cough!

There have been quite a few cod (not codling) caught from the shore recently up to low teens that I've heard of so they may be just offshore waiting for the next bit of weather to hit the shore. 

Good luck Malc, with the cough as well as the cod! 🤞🤞

On 11/25/2022 at 10:02 PM, GPSguru said:

Nah, but Tuesday /Weds mornings might be a good weather window.

The boat is loaded and been made ready. Forecast is for 0.2m @13secs, with variable F2/F3 winds.

If the sea is good enough, then the first stop will be the 30mile wrecks.

11 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

The boat is loaded and been made ready. Forecast is for 0.2m @13secs, with variable F2/F3 winds.

Fingers crossed you give us something to be jealous of! 🤞🏻 

33 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I hope you get out, the weather forecast for my area is good but heavy fog is predicted. Either way I can’t get a day off now for the next couple of weeks. 

On 11/27/2022 at 7:52 AM, Malc said:

It's not looking good as I am coughing as I write. However it's still early in the winter and as a kayak user I need to be match fit.

Never going to happen today as the fog never lifted. Inland 4-5 miles and it was 11C and sun, coast was 5C and 50-100m visibility 

39 minutes ago, JonC said:

I hope you get out, the weather forecast for my area is good but heavy fog is predicted. Either way I can’t get a day off now for the next couple of weeks. 

Fog / Mist was forecast a couple of days ago for tomorrow, but the temps have changed slightly and that is enough just to give us a slight sea mist in South Devon, however, it looks like inland Somerset will be under a blanket of thick fog.

So, it is 'touch n go' in the morning.

3 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Hmm, just checked the MetO inshore waters update, and it is not looking good at up to 12 miles out, we are in the East, so I am hoping the 'slight' forecast is accurate enough.

Lyme Regis to Lands End including the Isles of Scilly (8)

24 hour forecast:

Wind
Northwest becoming variable 2 to 4, then becoming south or southeast 3 to 5.
Sea state
Very rough at first west of the Isles of Scilly, otherwise moderate or rough, occasionally slight in east.
Weather
Mainly fair.
Visibility
Good, occasionally moderate later in east.

Was offered a tuna hunt today but have to work… hopefully another chance Thursday and I’ll be able to crew…. Would be nice to be paid to go fishing for the day 😁😁😁

Heading down to Penzance tomorrow pm (Wed) Thursdays trip looks very likely and Fridays dodgy, but hopeful

Hoping it's going to be as good as the lads who have been before say it is

Don't think we're doing any offshore wrecking, just the inshore reefs apparently

May finally get something half decent on the slow jigs

If it's worthwhile, I'll put a report up when we get back

On 11/29/2022 at 9:35 PM, Saintly Fish said:

Good luck Nick, hopefully both days will work out for you. Please put up a report with pics wether it's a flop or a golden ticket day! 

Haven't long got home, I didn't take any pics, but will try and get the ones the skipper took and sort a report out if I can get them off him

19 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Haven't long got home, I didn't take any pics, but will try and get the ones the skipper took and sort a report out if I can get them off him

Looked like a cracking trip judging by Facebook report 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Right then, I have less than 24 hours to go before a trip out with @Saintly Fish tomorrow. Wonder what my chances are of getting uninvited before then. Place your bets! 😬

Just moved the boat and steering seemed notchy, so you never know

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Right then, I have less than 24 hours to go before a trip out with @Saintly Fish tomorrow. Wonder what my chances are of getting uninvited before then. Place your bets! 😬

You can jump on mine is you want…. I’ve got a spare scrubbing brush you can borrow to help with the clean 😉 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Monday is looking promising, but not nailed on yet. I noticed the window over a week ago, but it keeps slightly changing, however, now changing for the better.

Yep, I've also had my eye on this tiny window of opportunity. 🤞🏻

20 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

However, having just checked again, we in the Solent are looking at W/SW 14-24mph winds now!

Yes, wind increases pm here, so currently looking at a morning session, however, 2 days to go and that a lifetime in weather forecasting.

8 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Yes, wind increases pm here, so currently looking at a morning session, however, 2 days to go and that a lifetime in weather forecasting.

That's true, but I tend to look 2-3 days past the day I wanna fish. And they don't look good in the slightest.