Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

No chance…. 4m swells and gale force winds….

long range forecasts for weekend after are a bit more promising…. Spring tides too so hopefully a shark hunt to end the season with 🤔🤔

8 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Keep us posted Jon.

How did your day skippering go? Take it you all survived ok?

Had to cancel today. The bar crossing had solid 3m swell even though the wind had dropped bellow 10kts, no boats out from our harbour.

The day skippering went well even with such poor conditions. The divers came across schools of paper nautilus (argonauts) which Ive been desperately hoping to find and film when ever I get back out.

• 2 weeks later...

Out tomorrow with Ian.

Its my last shark trip this year as weather looks poo next week… after that prob time to hunt cod. I’ve had a good run, time to try something different and start again in March/April. 🙂 

In a way in looking forward to locking out of Cardiff, motoring less than a mile and getting the uptide rods again 🙂 

Edited by Odyssey

29 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

this whole week has been perfect down here - tomorrow looks especially good - but ive been working - weekend looks to have freshened up from the SW now so will see - i have no crew so will see what the weather is like for a drift on sunday!

Isn't it always the way! Perfect when you can't go, and crappy when you can 🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Isn't it always the way! Perfect when you can't go, and crappy when you can 🤷‍♂️

Agree.

still grounded here. I had the eye surgery yesterday, which wasn't without drama as the registrar surgeon found classic symptoms of glaucoma in my eyes, however, as I have no history of glaucoma the symptoms maybe a side effect of the immunosuppressant drug that I am on.

Just for @Andy135 …. The anaesthetic is administered by needle. You are given eye drops to numb the injection area, then told to look upper left and in goes the needle into the corner of the eyeball. Once they press the plunger you feel lots of pressure behind the eye, but it sounds a lot worse that it is. You can see the syringe but cant feel the needle.

I seems like the op was successful, but I wont really know until tomorrow. Also I have to go back in a month to check out the glaucoma issue.

23 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I seems like the op was successful, but I wont really know until tomorrow. Also I have to go back in a month to check out the glaucoma issue.

I'm glad to hear that the surgery went ok Ian. But as for the Glaucoma well, at your age these things are to be expected I suppose!?! 😬

48 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Just for @Andy135 …. The anaesthetic is administered by needle. You are given eye drops to numb the injection area, then told to look upper left and in goes the needle into the corner of the eyeball. Once they press the plunger you feel lots of pressure behind the eye, but it sounds a lot worse that it is. You can see the syringe but cant feel the needle.

Terrence Ross Wow GIF

eyeball GIF

58 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I'm glad to hear that the surgery went ok Ian. But as for the Glaucoma well, at your age these things are to be expected I suppose!?! 😬

If they could have confirmed it be 100% glaucoma, then the op would have been cancelled as the risk would be way too high.

Apparently the immunosuppressant drug that I am taking is known to mimic all sorts of issues. 

46 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

If they could have confirmed it be 100% glaucoma, then the op would have been cancelled as the risk would be way too high.

Apparently the immunosuppressant drug that I am taking is known to mimic all sorts of issues. 

Glad there's a benign explanation then. Goodness knows you've had enough to deal with, without having another curve ball thrown your way.

Get well soon Ian! Hopefully normality will return soon 🙂 

Im off to bed. 06:24 lock booked, chum on board, fuel on board no Jaffa cakes but I do have chocolate buttons so not too bad… need a word with the skipper to replenish food stocks 🙂 

16 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Get well soon Ian! Hopefully normality will return soon 🙂 

Im off to bed. 06:24 lock booked, chum on board, fuel on board no Jaffa cakes but I do have chocolate buttons so not too bad… need a word with the skipper to replenish food stocks 🙂 

I'm off to bed too. 5am alarm for 5.30 depart. On the water by 7.

#wishilivednearerthesea

Its been over a week of poor weather here, doesn't look great for the weekend either but who knows I may head out for a quick trip. Just had both mine and my daughters engines serviced today, so hopefully ok for a while. Pouring down and a big electrical storm right now 10-30pm and my daughter has headed out for a night of fishing!!!!!....I remember being young and crazy once!!!

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

hopefully you get more success than @Andy135 and I did today! 

That won't be hard Scott. Neil and I absolutely sucked at fishing today.

#megablank

#givingupfishingtakingupknitting