Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

2 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Indeed, well spotted by the numpty from Essex, I bet you had to ask the children if it was correct 🤣🤣🤣

I was just demonstrating that it’s easy to correct other people’s spelling and punctuation, even I can do it but it’s a bit like shooting dead fish in a barrel with you! 🤣🤣

Just now, JonC said:

I was just demonstrating that it’s easy to correct other people’s spelling and punctuation, even I can do it but it’s a bit like shooting dead fish in a barrel with you! 🤣🤣

Not as bad as trying to wind you up, it like poking a dead body with a stick and looking for a reaction 🤣

2 hours ago, JonC said:

I bet poking dead bodies is classed as consensual sex down your part of the country?

I used the word poking in a literal sense as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary, i.e. to poke with a big stick.

For you to use this word as a colloquialism of low moral standard is surprising considering your position as a site administrator. Obviously, if you were to continue to allow your extremely low moral standards to be reflected in your work here, then I would consider your position to be untenable.

Take that as a polite way of calling you a complete tosser 🤣

Edited by GPSguru

so back to the topic in hand...... 

I did brave it at the weekend - 20-25mph winds, but SW so off the land/across portland harbour, which afforded me some shelter - Saturday evening I chugged out of Weymouth, in search of the elusive mackerel, a prized target - catch report coming.......

I also had friends staying so took thursday and friday off - while we didn't get out on the boat we did fish - Catch report coming.......

1 hour ago, mike farrants said:

so back to the topic in hand...... 

I did brave it at the weekend - 20-25mph winds, but SW so off the land/across portland harbour, which afforded me some shelter - Saturday evening I chugged out of Weymouth, in search of the elusive mackerel, a prized target - catch report coming.......

I also had friends staying so took thursday and friday off - while we didn't get out on the boat we did fish - Catch report coming.......

Good work. Looking forward to seeing the reports 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow (Thurs) looks promising for a morning's fishing, I might go to try and find some Mackerel as the bait freezer is looking a bit bare for fish baits, but got loads of quid, Hermits, Peeler, Sandeels, and blacks.

I might just try a wreck to see what is about though 🤣, i have a few lures to try as Red Gill sent me a load (a feckin great box full !) of their project lures that are no longer required, and all my new Red Gill clothing for the boat has arrived.👍

Edited by GPSguru

1 hour ago, mike farrants said:

nice - sounds like you are well stocked up on red gill gear! 

i'm  watching sunday as that looks possible for me - if not it wont be until next wed, thurs or friday - but might be all 3........

I am also eying up Sunday.

13 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Tomorrow (Thurs) looks promising for a morning's fishing, I might go to try and find some Mackerel as the bait freezer is looking a bit bare for fish baits, but got loads of quid, Hermits, Peeler, Sandeels, and blacks.

I might just try a wreck to see what is about though 🤣, i have a few lures to try as Red Gill sent me a load (a feckin great box full !) of their project lures that are no longer required, and all my new Red Gill clothing for the boat has arrived.👍

Well, the weather had changed to 2 hours of coastal fog and rain when I checked at 6:00am, so we gave it a miss and perhaps Monday will be OK.

Edited by GPSguru

1 minute ago, GPSguru said:

Well, the weather had changed to 2 hours of coastal fog and rain when I checked at 6:00am, so we gave it a miss and perhaps Monday will be OK.

Sensible move.

4 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Good move, there are no medals given out for fishing heroes. 

I'm hopefully doing a bit of Breaming out of Brixham

Anchored over wrecks, with some of the other lads opting for big dead baits

Is it a bit early for Bream on the wrecks ?

We've had a couple of good trips out of Weymouth this last 2/3 months that produced Bream to 3.5 lb, with quite a few between 2 and 3 lb

8 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

I'm hopefully doing a bit of Breaming out of Brixham

Anchored over wrecks, with some of the other lads opting for big dead baits

Is it a bit early for Bream on the wrecks ?

We've had a couple of good trips out of Weymouth this last 2/3 months that produced Bream to 3.5 lb, with quite a few between 2 and 3 lb

It's a bit early.

Mid Autumn seems to provide the best sport, but this year has been strange, so who knows what might turn up.

If the Bream are not there, you will at least catch lots of Pout & Scad 🤣

Edited by GPSguru

14 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Still waiting for a weather window to hunt some sharks and mackeral 😡

Maybe one on Monday…. But work may interfere with fishing 😢😢

Had a big day searching for fish today covering 129km. Part of it was trying out another prop, anyway the fishing was dead until I tried a small shallow bump in 25m of water. From 9am until around 3pm couldn't lose a bait then from 3pm on I couldn't get a micro jig to the bottom. The species were varied, including my first red mullet on a jig. There was no consistency to the catch, it seemed almost every drop produced something different but when a large squid held onto a small 1kg snapper to the surface I decided calamari was now the target. Each drop produced a good sized squid of around 500g each.

Depending on the weather in the morning I hope to head back as there was a decent fish that got away that I would like a second chance of. I will anchor the spot tomorrow and use the downrigger to get some burley on the bottom.

If all else fails I might give the beach a try with the almost full moon phase. 

By the way, pretty impressed with the budget 4 blade turning point prop, out performs three far more expensive solas props.

7 minutes ago, JDP said:

Had a big day searching for fish today covering 129km. Part of it was trying out another prop, anyway the fishing was dead until I tried a small shallow bump in 25m of water. From 9am until around 3pm couldn't lose a bait then from 3pm on I couldn't get a micro jig to the bottom. The species were varied, including my first red mullet on a jig. There was no consistency to the catch, it seemed almost every drop produced something different but when a large squid held onto a small 1kg snapper to the surface I decided calamari was now the target. Each drop produced a good sized squid of around 500g each.

Depending on the weather in the morning I hope to head back as there was a decent fish that got away that I would like a second chance of. I will anchor the spot tomorrow and use the downrigger to get some burley on the bottom.

If all else fails I might give the beach a try with the almost full moon phase. 

By the way, pretty impressed with the budget 4 blade turning point prop, out performs three far more expensive solas props.

Sounds like a great session Jon. Stick up a catch report and pics please 👍😁