boat /fishing meet

Solent Fishing meet  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...

Guys here are some more details for the Saturday 3rd July....

Low water is at 12pm.

Fishing to start at 9am and rods up at 5pm.

Fishing to be between Gillkicker point to the east and West lepe bouy to the west. 

There will be (small) prizes for....

Best Round fish (hounds, bass,pout etc)

Best Flat fish (plaice, rays etc)

And an additional prize for “fish of the day”! This will be a judges decision. The judge will be decided later. 

All fish to be weighed and photographed. 

I am trying to sort an evening establishment for food and beverages. More details on that to follow. 

Ok quick update. Seeing as it is the “round the island “ race the weekend of our meet (only just found this out), the pubs and restaurants are pretty busy. But, I have managed to book a table for 10 at “banana wharf” port Hamble. It’s an outside table for 19.45. 
fingers crossed for warm dry weather! 

54 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ok quick update. Seeing as it is the “round the island “ race the weekend of our meet (only just found this out), the pubs and restaurants are pretty busy. But, I have managed to book a table for 10 at “banana wharf” port Hamble. It’s an outside table for 19.45. 
fingers crossed for warm dry weather! 

Sounds good, thanks for your effort here. 

I would like to point out that as this whole venture will be a proving ground for both myself and my (still not finished) boat I think that we will just tag along for the ride and will not be entering for any form of competitive fishing - I don't even own any fishing gear and Neil beat me to it on buying a rod!!! Joyce and I are really looking forward to this meet, although she is becoming very apprehensive. Geoff. ☺️

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I would like to point out that as this whole venture will be a proving ground for both myself and my (still not finished) boat I think that we will just tag along for the ride and will not be entering for any form of competitive fishing - I don't even own any fishing gear and Neil beat me to it on buying a rod!!! Joyce and I are really looking forward to this meet, although she is becoming very apprehensive. Geoff. ☺️

I’ll let you into a secret,  one of the prizes is a signed picture of me. If that doesn’t bring out the competitive side of you then nothing will. 

33 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Geoff no worries, fishing gear can be lent to you no problem. You can tag along and follow me or any of the other boats. I can even sort your bait for you! Just will be good to get out and have a bit of fun. If you don’t want to fish then you can just boat and explore or whatever you want!

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Geoff no worries, fishing gear can be lent to you no problem. You can tag along and follow me or any of the other boats. I can even sort your bait for you! Just will be good to get out and have a bit of fun. If you don’t want to fish then you can just boat and explore or whatever you want!

Thanks Neil, this will be our first serious boating adventure since our trip to Fecamp back in the eighties .Lots of time on the inland waterways, but not out of site of land!!! Geoff. Thanks for the offer of the loan of some tackle, but I would worry about getting my curtains and cushions (which I don't have) dirty.Geoff.:classic_wink:

21 hours ago, Geoff said:

although she is becoming very apprehensive

What's to be apprehensive about? Joyce is only going to be mingling with polite, well behaved and good mannered folk like yourself Geoff. Or is Joyce worried that SHE may misbehave ??

11 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Uck, but @Maverick seems keen on getting the arse of his chino’s signed 🤣

If that’s what it takes to get me into his will and Neil out of it then so be it. 

35 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I think Ian is calling you our bitch......🙉

But that’s what I don’t understand, you both accuse me of being lazy and doing nothing?